Jun 29, 2008

Miss Mississippi Pageant

We had an awesome treat Saturday night. We had an opportunity to attend the Miss Mississippi 2008 Pageant. Dr. Tony and Mrs. Mary had a granddaughter who competed and they were able to get us tickets for last night. We really enjoyed it. I love going to things where we get to dress up and I love to see singing and dancing performances so I smiled pretty much the entire night. We plan to attend next year. 

As we arrived at the entrance to the hall, we heard from a nearby vehicle, "Uncle Reagan!" We turned and there was Mandy and Susan, Reagan's sister and her daughter. Mandy's roommate was a contestant. Personally, I think Mandy should compete. She is so beautiful. But I guess attending nursing school leaves little time for much else. We took a quick photo with them before we entered the hall.



Dr. Tony's granddaughter is Morgan Byrd. She is Miss Mississippi College. This was her first year she competed. We got a photo of her during introductions. In the second picture she is the second from the right.



As you can see by our pics, we didn't have the best seats in the house. But it wasn't as big an auditorium as we expected.



This is a shot of Kristen, the young lady who was crowned Miss Mississippi 2008. I picked her to win after I read her bio. I was impressed with her reference to dependence on God and basically her testimony that she shared in her bio. I was so excited when she won.

And just in case you're wondering, Sara Madalin stayed home with Aunt Jana. I called about 5 times before we got to Vicksburg. And I texted her constantly throughout the pageant. As soon as we walked in the door at home, I went over and got her out of her crib in her room, where Jana had put her down, and brought her over to our room and put her in her cradle. I did not like not being there when she went to bed at night. While attending the pageant was fun, I missed my sweet baby girl.

post signature

1 comment:

The Glenn Gang said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I used to babysit Jordan, Morgan and Logan! She is in college now??? Man, I'm getting old! She was 4 or 5 the last time I saw her!!!!!!