Jul 3, 2008

Advice from Family

My sister, Brandi invited a few family members over to our house Saturday for a little shower. A few cousins, one of my aunts and Mrs. Brown showed up. Brandi thought it would be helpful for everyone to fill out cards with advice for me, a new Mommy. Let me share some of the invaluable advice I received.

Cherish each second you have with Sara Madalin because she will be one year old before you know it. Also, thank the Lord each day for such a blessing. - Erica

Always say "I love you." Tell Sara Madalin to do her best at all she does and let her know how proud you are when she tries. When you get angry, say a prayer before you punish. - Aunt Julie

Love Sara Madalin likes there's no tomorrow. Who cares if she is spoiled rotten? She's yours. - Brandi

And this was my favorite...

Cherish all the time you can but not forget to discipline although the cries break your heart. Please let Reagan have a minute of sit down time just to gather his thoughts without giving him orders to do everything when he gets home. - Marcus

Yeah... I know. First, I don't give Reagan orders when he gets home. Second, I think there's a reason why guys aren't usually invited to baby showers. But he kept us entertained. 

On another note, Sara Madalin is getting closer to sleeping through the night for those who keep asking. Last night she ate between 7:30 and 8:00. We put her down around 9:00 and she didn't wake up until 4:00 a.m. I fed her at 4:00 and she woke up again around 7:30 this morning when she heard Reagan talking right before he left for work. I've also had a few questions about her weight. We were taking her every week to weigh in at her pediatrician's office. But last week when we went they said we didn't have to come back until her shots. She weighed 8 lbs. 10 oz. last week. They had told me that when she reached 8 lbs. we wouldn't have to bring her in anymore for the weekly weigh in. She had gained almost a pound in just a week. I'm pretty sure she's over 9 lbs. by now. She has her first shots later this month so I'll let you all know the weight and length they give us then.

post signature

No comments: