Jul 29, 2008

Church, Sleep and Shots

It has been a few days since I posted so let me start with Sunday and work forward. 

On Sundays Reagan helps Mrs. Kim with the audio/visual part of service. Sara Madalin still hasn't made it to the nursery yet, so we sit up there with them. On Sundays for some reason, Sara Madalin always sleeps during service. I guess it's something about Bro. Clark's sermons that just knocks her out. She's usually very alert until he starts preaching. Within 5 minutes after he starts his sermon, she's asleep. Sunday night I put a blanket down on the floor and put her on it. She slept the entire service.



Toward the end of church, Reagan got a call about a patient and we had to leave so that he could go to the store and mix an I.V.  While we were there it was time for Sara Madalin's last bottle. So I fed her and changed her into her pajamas. I let her play for a few minutes, then Mrs. Sylvia showed up. She was there to deliver the medicine to their patient. Mrs. Sylvia held her for a while. Reagan told Mrs. Sylvia that her seeing  Sara Madalin was one of the perks of her being on call for the weekend.




The next couple pictures are from Monday. She didn't really do anything special. So I just took a couple shots of her sleeping - cause I just don't have enough. She's the most content little thing when she sleeps.




Well, today was the day we were not looking forward to. She had her first shots today. We gave her a little Tylenol before she went to sleep last night and then again this morning. She lapped it up. She doesn't refuse anything that we put in her mouth so far. She did so well at the doctor's office. She weighs 10 lbs. 6 oz. She is 23 1/4 inches long, which he said is above average for her weight. She was very alert while we were there. She even smiled for the doctor once just cause she wanted to impress him. He placed her on her tummy during part of the exam and she held her head up like a big girl to look around, which again impressed him. But then things took a turn for the worse. He examined her eyes, which he said are fine. Then he put the scope thing in her ears to look and she started crying. I don't know if it hurt or it made her mad. But she was not happy about it either way. He said she looked good and then left so the nurse could come back in and give her her shots. Reagan held her hands while the nurse gave her two shots - one in each thigh. She cried a little but didn't get too upset. The nurse said she did better than most 2 month olds. Reagan held her close to calm her down. But neither one of us cried - even though we wanted to. She was a little whiny for a few minutes, but I got her dressed and once we were out in the hall, she settled down and went right to sleep. She slept for about an hour and a half then got up to eat. After she ate, I laid her down on the bed next to me while I answered some emails. I looked over at her and she just smiled at me like nothing had happened. We are so blessed to have such a sweet, beautiful, content, HAPPY baby girl. I told my friend, Regina, I can't say that it's because we're good parents. We're clueless. It has to be because God made her that way.

The next couple pictures are of her before we left for the doctor's office. She had already been up with Reagan for an hour and a half before we left so she was ready for a nap. You can tell she has sleepy eyes. 

post signature

No comments: