Jul 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!

Sara Madalin was so good last night. She had a bottle at 9:00 p.m. and we put her to bed around 10:00. She whined for a minute or two, then went to sleep. Reagan said he heard her whine about 4:00 a.m. and that I told him to give her a minute. I don't remember that, but I guess I was right. She went back to sleep and she didn't wake up until 6:00 this morning. And I think she would have slept longer had this not occurred.



We found her in her cradle like this. He legs were up in the air at the end of her cradle with her hiney scooched all the way down. So she was in an "L" shape. As soon as I picked her up, she grinned.

Reagan changed her, gave her a bottle and put her in the bed between us. She went back to sleep and slept until 10:00 a.m. Then we got up and started getting ready to go to Aunt Susan's to cook out. How do you like her shades?



We left her with Aunt Susan while we went to Babies R Us for a few items we needed. When we got back around 3:30 Mamaw and Papaw Brown were there. Reagan grilled hamburgers and sausage for us and after Sara Madalin had her bottle, she was more than ready for a nap. We had taken her stroller for her to sleep in it. And that's exactly what she did. We know she's out cold when her little arm flops back close to her head.


Just about the time she woke up from her nap, Mitch came home. It was the first time he saw her. He held her for a few minutes then we left so we could get home before her last bottle. She ate around 9:00. I gave her the usual 4 oz. and she kept sucking her hand like she was still hungry, so I gave her 2 more ounces. Maybe that satisfied her and we'll have a repeat of last night's sleep pattern.

We hope everyone had a great Independence Day. We are planning on taking Sara Madalin to Canton tomorrow evening for the hot air balloon show and to see Aunt Jana. I'll try and post a few pics of that tomorrow night. I'm sure she's going to sleep through most of it, but at least I'll have pictures to show her when she's older. 

post signature

1 comment:

Threeundertwo said...

What a gorgeous baby! I just linked over from your blog designer.

Congratulations!