Jul 22, 2008

Sleepy Girl

Sara Madalin is staying awake more during the day. She was just eating and sleeping. Now she likes to play a little more between feedings and naps. She especially likes to sit in her bouncer. It has a music player that plays nature sounds, like running water, crickets chirping and so forth. When I put her in it and turn the sounds on she sits there without making a peep. She just listens and looks around. 

She also likes to play in her pack & play. We have a couple little animals that were given to her that I've put up in there. The monkey plays music. She likes for me to turn the music on and she looks up at him and kicks her feet and swats her hands at him.



But after a little playing, she still needs her beauty rest. She is so pretty when she sleeps.


Last night Reagan gave her her last bottle of the night. After her bottle he held her for a little while to make sure she wouldn't spit up. She likes to look at whoever holds her so he put her on his chest so she could look up at him. He was talking to her and it was so funny. She was so sleepy. It was all she could do to keep her eyes open and look at him. Finally she just gave in and flopped her head forward and went to sleep.


Again, this morning, he gave her a bottle before he left for work. They have a little routine I think in the morning. He feeds her and she lays down for a few minutes while he showers. Then she sits in the bathroom and living room with him while he gets ready. This morning he put her back down with me so she could go back to sleep for a little while. When she lays down with one of us or when we hold her while she sleeps, she likes to be right up under our chin. She moves and works until she gets right where she wants to be. I guess it's a security thing where she needs to be able to feel us close to her. I think it's so sweet.

post signature

2 comments:

Baylee's Mommy said...

Hi. My name is Shonda and I am also a friend of Nicki Glenn. She told me about your blog and I have been keeping up with Sara Madaline ever since.
The last pic deserves the BEST picture award. So very sweet!

The Glenn Gang said...

The last picture brings tears to my eyes!!! SO SWEET!