Aug 20, 2008

I know, I know

I know I haven't updated in a few days. I have a very good reason. I have strep (sp??) throat. Monday afternoon I went to my office to prep for my classes that began Tuesday, and when I left, I just didn't feel well. My throat was hurting and I was achey all over. I went home and took my temperature. It was 100.6. I called Reagan and he told me to go to the clinic to see if it was a sinus infection or strep throat. I took a couple Aleve before I left, to help with the fever because when I have fever I ache all over. Well, when they took my temp at the dr.'s office about a half hour later, it was 101.4. They did a strep test and it was positive. The dr. said I had two options - a shot or 10 days of antibiotics. Well, my classes started the next day and I have a 3 month old at home, so I said the shot. Which HURT. I came home and went to bed. Reagan picked up Sara Madalin from the sitter's. 

I got up Tuesday and tried to get ready for work. But I was so nauseated. I thought my fever had broken in the night, but it had only gone down to about 100.  I finally called my co-worker at 7:00 and told her I couldn't make it in. So, I asked her give my students a copy of my objectives and syllabi. Hopefully I'll be able to go back in the morning. Oh, and I've lost my voice. So, I guess if I do go back to school, my students won't be able to hear, but they can look at me.

Oh, and just as I was about to lose my cracker and gatorade I had for breakfast Tuesday morning, my husband was thoughtful enough to snap my picture. Yes, we are a family that documents EVERYTHING with a photo.


As far as Sara Madalin goes, she seems to be ok. I've not held her since Monday morning, which is making me so sad. Reagan has been taking her to the sitter's and picking her up. I'm going to have to pick her up this morning since he works so late on Wednesday. Hopefully she can just meet me at the door so I won't expose the other children. Reagan has been so good. He has taken care of me and Sara Madalin. He has washed bottles and packed her diaper bag and washed and folded clothes. He's kept track of my temperature and diet of meds. He has cooked soup and even cleaned up after me when I got so sick Tuesday morning. However, he did tell me this morning that he is ready for Mommy to be well again.

So, I do apologize for not posting in the past few days, but I do have a very good excuse. And I know it's probably not enough, but here is a picture that Reagan took yesterday morning before he took Sara Madalin to the sitter's.


post signature

No comments: