Aug 5, 2008

So far, so good

Sara Madalin woke up this morning around 5:30 with a wet diaper so I changed her and gave her a small bottle. She went back to sleep in my arms. Instead of putting her back in her bed and letting her finish the night, I took her to our room and put her in our bed. Big mistake. She slept ok for about an hour. But then, she woke up and was not happy at all. I have to say, even though she doesn't have my genes, she does have my disposition. She wanted to be in her bed. She didn't understand, or even care, that she was going to be away from me all day and that I just wanted to hold her since she'd be gone. All she cared about was that she was still sleepy and she was not in her bed. So, I took her to her room and rocked her a little until she went back to sleep. She slept for about 20 minutes, then woke up happy and smiling. I think I have a girl who likes structure, which is good, because Reagan and I do too.

Once she woke up, smiling and cooing, I changed her and talked to her and told her that she was going to see Mrs. Gale today. I told her some of the names of the other children there and that she would have friends. I told her to be a good girl. She just smiled. I told her I would miss her. Once she was dressed, we put her in her car seat and headed out.


When we got there I went over her feeding schedule with Mrs. Gale. Three toddlers were there - Mickayla, Harper and Jake. The other little baby that is Sara Madalin's age, Ansley was also there. She was in one of the cribs trying to take a nap. Sara Madalin was getting ready for a morning nap as well.

I took her out of the car seat and held her for a minute and told her I'd be back around noon to pick her up. Then I put her in the other crib and she was probably asleep before we even got back to our house. Although, she's used to it just being me and her and it's really quiet at our house. The noise of the other children is something that she's going to have to get used to I guess. Maybe she's so tired she won't notice.  I'll let you know how the first day went with an update later this evening.

post signature

No comments: