Sep 19, 2008

Sew Pretty

I love to sew. I've sewn for years for my nephews and for some of the children in our church. Several people have asked me what I've sewn for Sara Madalin so far. Well, the answer is nothing. At least nothing that she's been able to wear yet. I've done quite a bit of monogramming but not really any sewing. There are a few outfits that she'll wear next summer that I've made. 

Well, today I went shopping with a friend and I decided I'd get some fabric and make her a jumper dress and a little pants outfit. Tonight I started cutting out the fabric for the dress. Since she's so curious, we sat her on the dining room table to watch and I laid out the pattern and cut out the pieces. She watched every move I made. Maybe she'll enjoy sewing too and that's something we can do together as she gets older.

I'll try to remember to post pictures of the outfits once I'm done with them. I think they'll be cute.


I just noticed the hammer on the table in front of her. Why it's there and how it got there, I don't know. I didn't use it for anything and I didn't even realize it was sitting there until I posted these pictures.

This is her, "I'm supervising" look. Eventually she spit the pacifier out so that she could give me orders. But she does so with such a sweet smile.

post signature

1 comment:

David and Regina said...

It's a good thing you have such a NICE table cover to help protect that NICE table from your baby and her hammer- DH