Oct 15, 2008

Gerber Baby

Seriously, how do you feed them without it getting all over you and them? Look at her bib in the pictures below. And I had already washed her face and hands before I took the picture. She ate really good despite the "help" I received from her. She likes to bat at the baby food container that I'm holding in my left hand, while also reaching for the spoon I'm holding in my right hand so she can pull it to her, or push it away, whichever she feels like doing at the moment. Oh, and don't get me started with the blowing and spitting. She does the car running sound that little boys do with their tongue and lips. Only she waits until her mouth is full of food. (And by the way, I'm still trying to figure out where she learned to do that. We didn't teach her. She's so cute when she does it.) We BOTH need a bath after her feedings. But you know what, it's really a lot of fun. I love seeing her enthusiasm for eating. Boy, is she enthusiastic. And she actually seems to be beginning to understand what she's doing.

She ate almost a whole jar. She usually eats really well during her afternoon feeding but less during the morning feeding. So, although she looks like she's wearing most of her bananas, she actually ate very well. And then she also drank 6 oz. of formula. I have a feeling she's going to be a butterball soon.




To help combat (some of) the mess that Sara Madalin makes when she's eating Reagan brought home some adult size bibs that they sell in their DME business. We've used them a couple times during feedings, but they are too big for her neck. And they are not cute at all.

Then I remembered seeing at a flea market a few years ago some bibs that had been made from cloth diapers. I think I made a couple for a little girl at my church, then forgot about them. Anyway, I threw some rick rack and ribbon on a couple cloth diapers and monogrammed them for Sara Madalin. Maybe they will help keep her partially clean while she eats. I guess a mother can dream, huh?



post signature

No comments: