Oct 31, 2008

Trunk or Treat

We got up REALLY early this morning to take David and Regina to the airport. I think we went to bed around midnight and got up at 4:00 a.m. After we dropped them off at the airport, we came back home and slept for a few more hours before Reagan had to go to work. Sara Madalin actually let me sleep until about 9:00. After we got up and got going, we went out to shop for Trunk or Treat tonight. We came home and after a bottle, Sara Madalin helped me start decorating the back of the van.




Once we were done, I made sure she had another bottle and a good nap. Then we headed to our church. The theme tonight was Noah's Ark Trunk or Treat. The children dressed up as animals and Bible characters. Sara Madalin was a monkey. I had decorated the back of the van to look like a little cage with bars and bananas. She was so funny once I put her in her costume. She LOVED it. She was so good. She didn't fuss. And then when I put her in her cage, she just sat there and looked around like a queen with her subjects outside the bars. 


Reagan showed up just as we were all finishing our decorations. He walked around with Sara Madalin so she could see all the cars and the various characters there.

Lynn Tew dressed up like a bear. All the kids were following her around. Sara Madalin wasn't really interested. But she wasn't afraid like some children.


I think one of the most creative vehicles tonight was the Byrd's Nest. Tony and Mary Byrd decorated the back of their VW Bug like a bird's nest. Oh, but that's not all...


They even dressed up like birds. When they came out in their costumes all the children "flocked" to them. Pun intended.


Tori wanted to hold Sara Madalin for a few minutes. So I sat her down over at our van and let her hold her. Sara Madalin LOVES Tori. She can be in a room full of people and her eyes find Tori. And no matter how tired she is or what kind of mood she's in, if Tori walks over and says anything to her, she smiles.



Here is Sara Madalin with our pastor's wife, Mrs. Pam. She kind of likes Mrs. Pam a little bit too.


It was time for the "Trunk or Treating" to begin so Sara Madalin had to go back to her cage. (That sounds SO wrong.)


She was really happy there - for about 10 minutes. Then it was time for a bottle.


After the bottle, she was again VERY happy. 


She got a visit from another buddy, Skyler. Look how happy they are together.



Sara Madalin decided she wanted a little nap, so that's just what she did, nap. It was as if nothing else was going on around her.

After all the Trunk or Treating, we went inside where they were selling hamburgers and hot dogs. Sara Madalin got a chance to visit with the ladies there before we left.

I am so glad that we have the opportunity to experience these things with her. The whole time I was decorating the van I kept thinking, "This is so fun." I am so thankful that God answered our prayers and we get to experience parenthood with this little girl.

post signature

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I made the blog, I made the blog. YEEEAAA!!!!
Sara Madalin was just precious. I am so thankful that you are getting to be parents to this sweet baby girl. You both are the best.
Love ya

Jami Ainsworth said...

I love her little costume and set up and oh by the way...I just joined the followers list..so does this means that I am not a lurker any more.
jami (aka Natalie's Mimi from Natalie's World)