Nov 14, 2008

Thanksgiving Lunch #1

Sara Madalin and I visited Reagan and the employees of the DME business, CDS Homecare, for lunch today. They had planned a Thanksgiving lunch for all the employees. They invited me and Sara Madalin to join them.

Truth be told, I got to come because they wanted to be sure Sara Madalin was there. But that's ok. I'll be her ride to a lot of parties I'm sure. And I don't mind it at all. I am just so thankful and happy to know that so many people love her and enjoy being with her. Many of them tell us often that they read about her every day. We are so glad that she is such a blessing to so many people.

When we got there, we saw Jaya and her little girl, Kyla. Kyla is 2 years old. She had brought her baby doll.


It didn't take Sara Madalin long to discover the baby doll. Kyla was so sweet. She let Sara Madalin touch the baby doll.


The doll cooed and had a little light that came on. Look how excited my Sugar got over that.


Then it was all about giving the baby sugar. Actually, I think to us it was about giving sugar, to her it was about, "How can I get this thing in my mouth?" Guess what is now on her Christmas list? You got it, a baby doll.

While we waited for everyone to come over to the conference room for lunch, Sara Madalin played on the floor. Yes, in my early mommy days I never thought I would have let my sweet, clean baby girl lie on the dirty floor. But I'm trying to lighten up a bit. She has so much fun playing like that. See how happy she is. 
(Oh, I made the pants she has on and appliqued the "S" on her onesie. I don't know if you can tell much about it in these pictures. Aunt Sue, you said you wanted to know what I'd made. I'll try to remember to tell you when I post pictures of her wearing something I made.)

The decorations were so pretty and festive. I love Fall decorations.

Guess who found the plastic pumpkins on the table.


We had so much good food that we were all stuffed. There was turkey and dressing, macaroni and cheese (homemade, I think), broccoli cheese casserole, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, poppy seed chicken (my favorite), squash (Sara Madalin's favorite - Just kidding), corn, peas, rolls, sweet tea - and oh, the desserts. Homemade coconut pie, butterfinger cake, Boston creme cake, apple cake, and banana pudding (naner puddin' for those of you from Simpson county). It was all so good.


After we ate, Sara Madalin made a new friend, Bronson. He is a delivery man for CDS. He introduced her to her new love - balloons. They had the best time playing with an orange balloon that had been used as a decoration. We just love seeing her reaction to new things.





Here are the employees of CDS. Thank you all for inviting us. We really enjoyed seeing all of you. 


After eating and playing and just being her happy, delightful self, she came back to Mommy...


... and went to sleep.

post signature

1 comment:

Regina and David said...

Love the pants, love the shirt, love the bib, love the hairbow, LOVE IT ALL! She looked really cute today. BUT, what I would LOVE is a plate of that food. ha It sounded soo yummy! Miss ya