Dec 14, 2008

BooMama's Tour of Homes 2008



'Twas the Season of Christmas
And at a "A Gift Worth the Wait"
There lived a sweet girl
With a smile on her face.


My name is Sara Madalin
And this is my first Season,
To know joy and laughter
And God's Love is the Reason.

In my home, bright and merry
There lives quite a crew
There's Mommy and Daddy
And my dog, Taco, too.



But of all the residents
In this home so warm
I am definitely the one
Who has the most charm.

We'll start with a look
At Baby Jesus and His guests,
Mommy likes this scene
Above all the rest.



Now on to the stockings
They are different you see
One for Daddy,
and Mommy
and, Oh yes, one for me.



On a table in one room
Mommy is so glad
To hang her mini-shoe collection
Yes, her fetish is that bad.



Now on to the sight
That's the grandest you'll see
It's the lights, the ornaments - 
Why, it's our Christmas tree!



It's decorated with lights
Of colors so bright
And I've tried to touch it,
I've tried with all my might.



But Mommy says, "No.
That's not for you, dear."
But, as she has learned,
"No" I don't hear.

So I try and I try,
At last she steps in,
"Those ornaments are priceless.
You break them, I can't replace them again."

For you see, they are special
Because for many years
Each one they have collected
From places far and near.




So, for now I will listen,
As hard as it will be,
But someday I hope
A few of those belong to me.

That is my tour
For all who have come
To the online visit
Of our humble, sweet home.

Merry Christmas to all,
Come back as you can
And if you see Santa,
Please tell him, I'm a BIG fan.

With lots of love,

post signature

14 comments:

Regina and David said...

Very cute post. Did you write that yourself? Enjoyed it a bunch!

Suburban Housewife...Not so much said...

Why Sara Madalin are you very poetic! Love it!!! And I need some info on that mommy's shoe collection.

Lone Butterfly said...

AWWWWWW! That was so precious! I love the stockings, how sweet and unique.

I also enjoyed the picture of your puppy, Taco, under the tree!

Thanks for inviting us in to check out your decorations!

Jorgelina said...

Everything very pretty! Adorable details.
A greeting

Heather said...

What a cutie pie you have!! Your home looks so pretty!! Thanks for sharing!! Merry CHristmas!!

Heather said...

What a fun post. We have a first-timer at our house too, but I think she's a bit younger than yours. Enjoy the season!

samantha said...

This was absolutely precious!

yankee mama said...

What a sweet post! Beautiful baby!

~the mccrarys~ said...

omg i love the poem! what a clever way to show your house xmas decor! very well done!

Heather said...

Love the poem! Christmas takes on a whole new meaning once you have kids!

Lynn said...

Everything is beautiful. I especially like the stockings.

Keetha said...

All the exuberant bows on Sara's head are too adorable - - - that pink one in the header is a stitch!!!

I also like your Christmas "stocking"

Thanks for sharing in the tour.

Carpenter Family said...

So sweet and beautiful. I loved it. I'm so happy for you and Reagan. You both deserve the very best and I thank God for your little Sara Madalin. Merry Christmas!!

Paige said...

What a precious and creative way to post your home tour!

Best wishes to you and your family this Christmas season.