Dec 14, 2008

Siesta Ornament Exchange 2008




I am so excited about the Siesta Fiesta Ornament Exchange. This is my first year and I was matched with one of the sweetest ladies. My Siesta for the exchange was Cindy at My Life - HIS Story. We exchanged emails and discussed some of our interests. Turns out, we have quite a bit in common. She has been so encouraging to me over the past few weeks. I couldn't wait to share what all she sent me.

First, because I told her that my husband and I have a collection of ornaments from the different places we've visited throughout our marriage, she sent me an ornament from her home state of Texas. As they say, everything is bigger in Texas. This is a big ornament with the state, a horse shoe, and a cactus on it.



She also sent me a second ornament. You see, this is our first year as a family of three. My husband and I have a very special story that led us to our little girl. You can read it by clicking here. Cindy was thoughtful enough to send me an ornament to commemorate our first Christmas with our sweet baby girl, Sara Madalin. This is a snow-family with a Daddy, a Mommy, and a Baby.


And finally, cause she knows my vice, she sent me an ornament encouraging my "habit." This ornament says, "If the shoe fits, Buy it in every color." Not only do I have a REAL shoe collection. I also have a mini tree with a shoe ornament collection. (Yeah, it's that bad.)


I had so much fun with this. I think I probably had the sweetest Siesta for a partner. Thank you so much Cindy. 

What do y'all think about the ornaments I've added to my collections?

post signature

11 comments:

Patty said...

Cindy did good!! I love every single one and I am a lover of shoes myself. Thank you for participating this year!
Merry Christmas!
Patty

twinkle said...

That shoe ornament...just perfect! They all were darlin'. Isn't it fun HAVING to open a Christmas present EARLY!

GratefulinGA said...

How precious! oh and the ornaments are great as well. Your Sara Madalin is quite the doll baby. You are blessed and abudantly so!

Feliz Navidad my Siesta!
tammy

~the mccrarys~ said...

i LOVE the snow people family! we have all snowmen on our tree & had an ornament similar to that one with a snow baby last yr for Rylie's 1st xmas!

jen said...

That shoe ornament is just darling! How cute! Love all three of them. :)

Michelle Bentham said...

I have to say, being from Texas, that I have a hard time with picking a favorite. I love Texas, love shoes and love snowmen. Cindy wins... She picked all my faves.

What beautiful gifts and how precious that you are spending your first Christmas with your precious girl.

Blessings.

Cali Girl said...

how very, very cute. love them all!

CountryKat said...

Those are too Cute! The Texas ornament made me laugh.

Also your daughter is just adorable.

Merry Christmas!

Cara

Nise' said...

What great ornaments! It is so much fun to shop for them.

Cathy Davis said...

Those are precious!!

Lora said...

Wow! They are all very nice. The snow family is sweet. Merry Christmas!