Feb 6, 2009

Flashback Friday #3

This photo was taken in 2000 in Copper Mountain, CO. We look like we just rolled out of bed. And we might have.

We were snow skiing in Copper Mountain with our friends Wayne & Susie and Dennis & Lisa. Dennis & Lisa were there for some business meeting that he had to attend. And since we, and Wayne & Susie, look for pretty much any opportunity to travel, we just decided we'd meet them there for a couple days. They picked us up from the airport and we stopped in Denver to eat. After we were finished with dinner, Dennis went out to crank the vehicle to warm up for the rest of us. It was one of those fancy vehicles, that once it's cranked, and you close the door, it locks. Who knew? So, he cranked it, stepped out, and closed the door. Yeah, we were locked out of the car in the freezing cold, at about 7:00 or 8:00 p.m. in Denver, CO. After several calls, we got in touch with someone from the rental car agency and got the car unlocked. 

Oh, and did I ever mention that I hate snow skiing? Yeah, I REALLY hate it. There have been only two times in our marriage that Reagan has said I was hysterical. (I know, ONLY 2????) One of them was in the Cayman Islands when we swam with the stingrays. (That's another story that I will HAVE to share some time.) The other time was on a snow skiing trip. But not this ski trip. This ski trip was ok. I actually skied one run on this trip. Then I went and got a massage. The next day I took a bus to Breckenridge and went shopping. So, as far as I'm concerned, it was a pretty enjoyable ski trip. 
post signature

2 comments:

K Storm said...

Fun times. I failed ski school and had to repeat. Then I nearly tore up my knee practicing on the bunny slope. Skiing is not my thing, but I did it before I turned 30.

Hope all is well with your father in law.

The Glenn Gang said...

I hate skiing too! Like...really, really hate it!