Mar 20, 2009

Flashback Friday #9



We're going WAAAAYYYYY back today. This is me and my sister, Brandi, in 1976. I'm the one with the pigtails. She's the one in the baby seat. That chunky little bundle of cuteness changed my entire world earlier that year. (My Mama and Daddy's too, I'm sure.) I was no longer the baby. I had to SHARE. And she was so darn cute. She's since become my best friend. She loves my little girl and her boys have been the next closest thing to having my own children during the years we waited for our own child.

It's funny how, even though Sara Madalin does not have the same genes as I do, she does have so many similarities, even that little grin, as you can see here.

Notice the candy in my hand. I'm not sure what it was called, but I do remember asking for it often. It was in a trash can. If you remember what it was, please tell me. I tried to search for it by typing in "candy in small trash can" and other combinations of that description and couldn't find it.

As we were moving to our new house last week, I found some very interesting material for Flashback Friday. Can't wait to post some of the photos in the next few weeks. Just a heads up, for all you CDS employees, I've got some stuff on Reagan. I can't wait to share.

post signature

2 comments:

Penny said...

I used to eat that, too. It seems like it was similar to sweetarts, but in little shapes like garbage. I think it had something to do with Oscar on Sesame Street, but I'm not positive. I do not have a clue what it was called. I used to love candy "cigarettes" that came in cartons that looked like real cigarette cartons and had red tips. They are now packaged in super hero cartons and sold as "candy sticks." Maybe they decided to discontinue candy that encouraged kids to smoke and dumpster dive. LOL

Anonymous said...

I think it was called "Garbage Candy". The candy was shaped like fish bones, old shoes, cans, bottles...and such. Wow...that is a blast from the past. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!