Mar 15, 2009

Moving Day

Saturday morning the movers showed up bright and early to load up everything in our old house and move us to the new house.



It didn't take long for the truck to fill up. Let me introduce you to the best moving crew I've ever worked with. Well, technically, they are the only moving crew I've ever worked with, so I don't have much to go on. In the truck, from the back forward, is Shorty. He was the lead mover. He decided what was loaded and when. Moving forward is Robert. He was kind of the engineer of the group. He took things apart, like our beds, at the old house. Then, once they were unloaded at the new house, he put them back together. He's a father of twins. When he was putting Sara Madalin's bed back together he said, "I almost bought this same bed for my twins. I'm glad I didn't." Ha. Then, on the lifter is Mike, aka Hercules. He had some guns. And some tats. (Aunt Sue and Aunt Julie - that means muscles and tatoos.) He was pretty quiet, but he worked hard. They all did. And finally, on the ground behind the truck, is the owner of the moving company, Mike. All these guys were so polite and courteous. If you are ever moving in the Metro Jackson area, please let us refer you to them. We were extremely pleased.


And guess who showed up to help out - my friend-girl Jana. She also brought homemade cinnamon rolls.Yummmm-meeee.



Reagan and I loaded her little Camry down with things I thought were too fragile to go on the truck, or that I knew I'd need once we were at the house and I didn't want to take the chance of them being stuck on the truck.

Here are a few shots of things as they were unloaded. I plan to post pictures of finished rooms in the house in the next few days (or weeks, depending on how long it takes me to unpack). This is our bedroom closet.

This is the master bathroom


The kitchen. Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't like things to be disorderly. But trust me, I'm so exhausted right now, I'm learning to live with disorganization. At least for a few days.


This is the guest bedroom. Jana was trying to plug in the lamps and her hand got caught in the headboard.


I don't know what I would have done without Jana. She helped unpack and set up so much. And she was such a big help with telling the movers where to place things when I was tied up with other things.


Toward the end of the day, we had more visitors show up. Granny and Gramps brought Sara Madalin home. I am so grateful for them. I could not have made it through this move without them. They kept Sara Madalin Friday night and pretty much all day Saturday. They are so sweet to us.  Reagan's sister, Susan and her husband, David showed up not long after Martha and Dewayne. They came, not just to see the house, but also to pick Sara Madalin up again. She spent the night with Granny and Gramps Friday night and then spent the night with Uncle David and Aunt Susan Saturday night.


Reagan's parents also came out with Susan and David. I think Papaw was excited to see our sweet girl.

There's still lots to do but I'll try to post as I can over the next few days as we settle into our new home.

post signature


3 comments:

Regina and David said...

Yea!! I am soo excited for you. The new "big house" looks very nice. I can't wait to see it in person. I'll be like Sara Madalin-exploring all over the place. ha Congrats on the move!!!

K Storm said...

Oh, you must be so excited!! That closet and kitchen are big!!

Suburban Housewife...Not so much said...

Leave it to Jana to be there when you need her, right!