Apr 16, 2009

A Lesson in Farmer-cology

I think I mentioned that we have a garden plot on our land. I think it's probably 1/4 to 1/2 acre fenced in. Yeah, it's a little more than we're capable of managing as first time gardeners. So, this year we decided to start a little smaller with our garden. We went to Sam's and bought one of those upside-down garden sets. I know you've seen similar products advertised. You can grow tomato plants upside down, and a few other vine vegetables on the top. I'm almost afraid to even mention this in a post, in case we aren't successful. But if it does work, I'll post updates on our progress.

Here's Farmer/Pharmer Reagan planting our first tomato plant.


I love green bell peppers. Especially sauteed. This is my lone bell pepper plant.

This is a close-up of one of the three tomato plants.

In the top portion, we planted some strawberries.

Also up top is a cucumber plant. Please pray for the cucumber. It's not looking so good.


Hopefully in the next couple weeks we'll see some fruit - or in our case, vegetables - of our labor.

post signature

3 comments:

Regina and David said...

How fun! Good luck!

Jana said...

Now we need to get Reagan one of those Farmer John coveralls!!!

Heather said...

I've seen those planters before and always wondered how well they worked. I look forward to seeing more pictures as they grow! Looks like a good start to gardening for you all. :)