May 18, 2009

Beach Vacation - Last Day at the Beach

Do you think Sara Madalin was excited about being at the beach?


Saturday was another day of swimming and playing in the sand. While we all got ready to go down to the beach, this is what Sara Madalin did.


She was practicing for riding the waves later.


"Daddy, let's go catch some waverinos!"


She also made sure that Granny had everything in her bag that she would need down at the beach. She did that by pulling everything out of Granny's bag to inspect it. Look at that face. That's the look I get when I say her FULL name. You know, the way Mommy's do when they want to get their child's attention. 


Out at the beach again. She was loving it.


See, told you she ate sand.


We kept trying to keep it out of her mouth. But after a while, we decided it was kind of pointless to try.



This picture cracks me up. I think she was trying to share her sand with someone.


When she couldn't get the sand in her mouth quick enough by using her hands, she'd just lie down and lick it up.


Daddy took her out to the beach again. She didn't want to get out of the water this time.





After a day full of the beach, the pool, the sand, she was worn out. I bathed her, gave her a bottle, changed her and she was out. We had to wake her up to take a few pictures on the beach that afternoon.


After we took photos, we went to eat dinner at The Oyster House.


Here's Connor in front of the huge alligator at the restaurant.


This is my favorite picture of the weekend, I think. Just look at that beautiful face. Her skin is perfect. Her eyes are perfect. And those lips. Why she had her arm raised like that, I have no idea. If she hadn't raised her arm, I probably would submit this photo in a contest. I just love it. She is so beautiful to me. 

post signature

8 comments:

Melanie said...

It's not just you - she's beautiful to anyone who has eyes and can see! :)

Penny said...

Your posts are so sweet! Sara Madalin is as blessed to have you two as you are to have her. How much you love her is evident in every picture and paragraph. I think you should still frame the last picture, even though she has her hand up. It is sweet and beautiful and you love it, so frame it. =)

Jennifer said...

Yes, she looks like a doll She is a beautiful baby and your right...she resembles both you and your husband in looks....now how great is that?!

(the beach pictures look wonderful, what beach is this?)

Jennifer said...

it's me again.....after scrolling down further and reading I see you went to Gulf Shores. I love that place!!!!! We are planning a trip there in Sept.

K Storm said...

Looks like fun!!

Cindy Lou said...

She is so Precious and I would enter that picture in a contest even with the arm raised up like that!!! She looks like a little baby doll!!!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

You're not the only one that thinks she is precious and perfect! She looks like a little porcelain doll! I'm glad you guys had fun at the beach! I'm so envious...I want to be there, too!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

p.s. I LOVE her white dress, too!