May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day

We took some really sweet pictures Sunday morning of me and my Sugar-Sugar sitting in my Mother's Day gift - a new rocking chair for the back porch.





I am so blessed to have been given this sweet, smart, beautiful girl to love and teach and watch grow. I am so thankful for this blessing in my life. 
Oh, and not only did I get a rocking chair, we bought a rocking chair to match for our little girl. Look how big she is in her chair. She loved rocking in it.

Daddy also got some sugar and a few photos as well.



Oh, and I got my flower this year. Only I didn't get to keep it for long. That precious little girl, she wanted it more than I did.


And once she got her hands on it, there was no hope for that poor little flower.



We had a great day and again, I'm so thankful for our sweet girl. Maybe next year, she'll even be able to wish me a happy Mother's Day herself. Cause time, it certainly is flying by.

post signature

2 comments:

Heather said...

Those were great "awwwww" producing pictures, loved them. You can just see the love and joy in your eyes when she is in your arms or when you are looking at one another. Had to laugh at that one where she's in your arms and you're holding the flower and she's crying because she wants it. Too cute! I'm glad you had a wonderful first mother's day!

Melanieshea said...

Love those pictures!!!! You really have a cutie on your hands :o)