May 16, 2009

My Little Fashionista

Last Sunday, for Mother's Day, I dressed Sara Madalin in the most beautiful beaded and smocked, silk , ankle length Strasburg dress. My friend Shellie and I had picked it our for her to wear to a wedding a while back, and I knew I also wanted to have her wear it on Mother's Day. She was so pretty in it.

When we got to church, I took her to the nursery. The first thing she did was crawl into the cubbies where the toys are stored. I thought it was so cute and funny. So, of course, I snapped a picture. Then I went off to my Sunday school class to teach.


When I went back to the nursery to check on her between Sunday school and church, this is what I found.



Evidently, that beautiful beaded and smocked ankle length silk dress was hindering her crawling abilities. 

Elastic Floral headband from Wal-Mart - $1.99

Silk Strasburg dress - More money than Daddy needs to know about

Freedom to play unencumbered by that silly dress Mommy bought - Priceless

This week, she's wearing a diaper and bloomers to nursery.

post signature

4 comments:

Melanie said...

My mom wisely told me that I wouldn't be able to dress the girls in many dresses during the crawling stage. I was so glad when Evelyn started walking so that she could wear dresses again! :)

Erica said...

How cute great pics.

Congrats! I am passing on to you the One Lovely Blog Award. Stop by my blog and pick up your award :)

Paige said...

Love it! She is not going to let her dress get in the way. Have a great week!

Jami Ainsworth said...

I remember that same thing that Melanie stated when Natalie was in that stage as much as I love putting her in pretty dresses we had to do short ones or something else because crawling is just so frustrating to them when wearing their Sunday Best!

I also love your statement about the Strasburg dress. Daddies (and Poppa) don't need to know everything. I wouldn't tell Natalie's mommy that I ordered her another gymboree swimsuit in front of Natalie's Poppa. Poppas nor Daddies really get it...like Mommies and Mimi's do!