May 23, 2009

Party Preview

I'm still sifting through all the photos that my cousin, Erica, took for me today at the birthday party. But I will have a post up in the next few days with a ton of photos. I thought I'd give a quick preview of what to expect.

First, remember that cake, you know, the SANDCASTLE cake? The one that when I mentioned that I was making it, I heard things like, "You're making the cake? Why don't you just order it?" And then, Friday, I got several calls from friends and family who asked, "So, how's that cake coming?" Well, here it is folks.


Now, I will be the first to admit, I'm no artist, but I am proud to say I did this all by myself. And it's my first attempt at making a theme cake. It's just a regular cake mix baked in two pans. The bottom layer is 14x14. On top of that is a castle shaped cake. I frosted it with regular butter frosting and then sprinkled brown sugar all over it. Then, I had to actually outline the castle with chocolate frosting. (I am in NO way an artist.) The seashells are chocolate candy that I made with molds earlier in the week. And it actually tasted pretty good.

After everyone left this evening, I let Sara Madalin explore her gifts.


She checked everything out really good and finally stopped with this. After she found this purse, she was done. She carried it around all night until she went to bed. Sorry folks who gave her all those toys and pretty clothes. We are very thankful to have received them. But folks, the girl IS my child. And she seems to like handbags, shoes, and jewelry. She also got several plastic bracelets and they are scattered throughout the living room, dining room, and kitchen.


We all had so much fun today. I almost couldn't believe it, but the rain stopped during the party. It rained all morning. Then, during the party, there was a break in the rain and the kids got to enjoy the slide and the pool. The sun didn't shine, but the rain stopped. And they had a blast. I can't wait to share the photos. But that's for tomorrow. I'm going to bed now. Night-Night.

post signature

3 comments:

Heather said...

The cake came out great! I love how it looks like there is sand all over it. Looks like Sara Madalin got lots of great stuff, I'm sure she will have lots of fun playing with it all over the next few weeks. And hey, girls have to have their accessories so she's headed in the right direction with that purse. :)

K Storm said...

That looks like Christmas!! I like your cake too!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love the party idea.....There are some creative gals in the blog world. I enjoyed reading your blog and will be back to read more. http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/