May 24, 2009

Sara Madalin's Beach Party

So, here are a few (dozen) photos from Sara Madalin's birthday party. My cousin's wife, Erica, took the photos for me. Thanks, Erica.

I was a little concerned about the weather Saturday morning. It was raining and predicted to rain pretty much all day. Since we had planned a "Beach Party" with activities outside, we had to re-think our party plans and the layout of food and seating. But it all worked out. And, just as the party began, the rain stopped. And it held off until about 5:30, when people began to leave. I was so happy.

Here's a shot of the decorations outside the front of the house. We also had some cute signs that my friend Sheryl made. We placed those at the stop signs and streets where people needed to turn. I neglected to photograph those, but they were so cute. Anyway, in the front yard is our beach umbrella with a lawn chair and palm tree. On the front porch we placed a table with leis for everyone to wear. 


Inside the living room area, we set up the gifts.


I set up an area in the sunroom for the kids to eat so that they wouldn't track wetness throughout the entire house. At least that was the plan. 


This is Welton. He is the son of my cousin, Marcus, and his wife, Erica. OH, and also the birthday girl. They had the best time in kiddie pool.



There was also a few other children at the party. They had so much fun on the water slide. They played the whole time.


Sara Madalin and her Aunt Susan.


Charlie, Sara Madalin's nursey buddy from church.


Addison in the kiddie pool.


My cousin, Ted, and his son Kyle.


Reagan and Mr. Jimmy out by the lake.


Andrew


More water slide photos.



Some of the adults on the porch watching all those little ones. From the left: Dwight, Kandi, Papaw, B.B., Mitch, Aunt Jana, and Granny


MORE slide pictures


Elijah


Jeremiah


Gifts and favor bags


Savanah was having a BALL!

This is a plate that Sheryl drew flip flops on for me. We used it as a keepsake from the party.  I asked everyone to write a little note for Sara Madalin on it. 

We set up the food in the garage. It worked out great. There was plenty room and it wasn't really all that hot after the rain. We had hot dogs, chips, watermelon, canteloupe, chocolate seashells, ice cream, and of course, cake. 

While we waited for everyone to fix their plates, I let Sara Madalin eat a little fruit. She loves canteloupe. 



Cake time. She wasn't quite sure what was going on.






I'd say she enjoyed her cake.


A shot of a few more people as we ate.  From the left, Shannon, Mrs. Ann, B.B., Aunt Bobbye, Mamaw, Granny, and Nickey

After we ate, she opened gifts. The first gift she opened was from Mrs. Ann (Stallings) Black. It was a baby doll. It's more of a collector's doll, not one that she can really play with. It was so pretty. Do you think she liked it?


These children were so good while we opened gifts. No one was trying to grab the gifts, or open them for us. They were so well behaved. And I told them I was so proud of them. From the left: Trey, Tori, Ryan, Anna, Addison and Mrs. Rene


Sara Madalin with a ball she got from Addison and Colson, and their parents, Mr. Nick and Mrs. Angela


Books



Look at Andrew's face. When I opened this outfit, he said, "Oh, that's my favorite color."

Aunt Amy gave her the cutest photos album with a monkey on it. She said she thought we wouldn't have any trouble filling it with photos. I don't know what she means by that.

And I have to tell you about this purse. It was from Tori and Savanah, and their parents, Rodney and Robyn. When we pulled it out, I told them they knew what we like. I didn't know how true that was. Later, after everyone left, she was playing in all the toys, and she pulled this out and didn't let it get more than a couple inches away from her all night. She carried it with her to church Sunday morning and Sunday night.


Here's me and my girls, Tori and Anna. Love these girls. I was so excited to see Anna, but Tori was a surprise. She came in and I was in the kitchen getting some last minute things done. I was so surprised. I miss having her in my Sunday school class. I was thrilled to see her.


As things we were winding down, Sara Madalin spent some time playing with Mandy and Papaw.


Anna and Sara Madalin. Aren't they cute.

After everyone left, Sara Madalin crawled through all her gifts. See, there she is with that purse. 

She looks like she going through the gifts and reading the cards. She was so funny.



I think our little girl had a fun first birthday party. All the kids had a blast. And I loved having my house full of people and laughter and fun. I enjoy entertaining so much. I can't wait until next year when we get to do it all over again.

post signature

5 comments:

The Glenn Gang said...

Man! I'm so sad we missed it! I held out hope until the last minute that we could surprise you but the first service in the sanctuary kept us hopping yesterday. 8:00-5:30 then again 6:30-10:00 last night!!

It looks like fun!

Paige said...

What a great party for a special little girl!

Melanie said...

It looks like everyone had a great time - especially the birthday girl!

~the mccrarys~ said...

I'm glad she had a great party!! Great job mom & dad! Those decorations are so cute! Time really flies by now!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love the party idea.....There are some creative gals in the blog world. I enjoyed reading your blog and will be back to read more. http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/