May 22, 2009

A Taste of What's to Come

I had a few little helpers today as we made final preparations for Sara Madalin's party tomorrow. My sister, Brandi, and her boys came down from Amory to help me with a few things. Elijah helped me fill the favor bags with candy and sunglasses. 


I had made some chocolate seashell candy earlier this week. Brandi painted a little pearl dust over them for me. I used these as additional decorations on the sandcastle cake and on Sara Madalin's flip flop cake. I had enough left over that I put some on a plate atop some brown sugar. They look like seashells in the sand.


Sara Madalin has gotten a couple cards in the mail this week. This one was sent from Aunt Brandi, Uncle Jeff and the boys. They got here before the card did.


The water slide was delivered late this afternoon. When Reagan got home, he inflated it and the boys had a ball.




I'm glad they had a chance to play alone. Tomorrow, there will hopefully be a few more kids here and they'll have to take turns. (If it rains, we plan to forego the water slide and pool and just have a luau in the garage. We'll see.)

Sara Madalin kept squealing watching the boys play on the slide. Brandi placed her feet in the water. She didn't like it because it was cold. She's accustomed to a heated pool at swimming lessons. She's such a diva.


They were soaked but they had a great time.



And here are my workers. I give the commands and they do my bidding - with a GREAT deal of arguing and complaining. It's true what you hear, it's hard to find good help these days. They give me a hard time. Reagan was telling her here that I had him working the other night and that he was so tired he couldn't breath, but I kept telling him stuff to do.


I'm so excited about Sugar's party tomorrow. Hope the rain holds off. But if it doesn't we're going to have a good time anyway. I'll try and snap a few pictures here and there. ;-) 

post signature

6 comments:

Paige said...

Looks like so much fun! Can't wait to see pictures of the party.

Blessings!

Courtney said...

Just stopping by to let you know I have opened my blog. Feel free to stop by!

blessedmomto7 said...

Looks like its going to be a FAB party for your diva! LOVE the chocolates!

Heather said...

I wish I were a kid again so I could go down that water slide...looks like such fun! Love those cute little flip flop bags! Hope the birthday party went well, can't wait to see pictures!

BOWquet said...

Everything looks great! I want some chocolate seashells! :)

Tiaras said...

looks awesome!!