Jun 9, 2009

Busy Days

What child doesn't love music? Our little Sugar L-O-V-E-S music. Any time music begins playing, her little body starts moving. I've watched Rylie attend Kindermusik classes and I thought, "Now, I bet Sara Madalin would enjoy that." So, a couple months ago I did an online search for "Kindermusik" in our area. I found two places that offer classes. I noticed that during the summer, one location offers one-week camps. I talked to the teacher and decided it would be a good introduction for Sara Madalin into music classes. We signed up for "Busy Days." And let me just tell you - she LOVES it. See for yourself...



When we arrived, we actually went into the wrong class. We went into the older children's class and didn't realize it for about 3-4 minutes. We heard the teacher tell someone else that "Busy Days" class was down the hall. I told her that's where we were supposed to be. But, while we were there, she enjoyed playing with the instruments. 

Once we made it to our actual class, she got to play with other instruments as we waited for everyone else to arrive. There was 5 children in her class. Nine month old twins, an 11 month old, a 17 month old and Sara Madalin.


The class is called "Busy Days" because each class we "travel" to a different place in our town. Tonight we went to the market. We got to sing and dance to quite a few songs. Our favorite song is "Mama Paquita." Oh, alright, it's MY favorite song. It's a Brazilian song. We sang it and danced to it. It's so fun. 


There was not one bell left in that box when Sara Madalin was done. She looked at me as if to say, "You're not going to tell me no?" 


She's definitely got the beat. And she's TERRIBLY independent. All the other children sat in their Mommy's lap while we sang. Not Miss Priss. She was too "busy" checking out the room. The teacher said that was ok. She said that at least Sara Madalin felt comfortable enough with her surroundings that she felt she could explore. I wanted to tell her, "Yeah, she's pretty comfortable with her surroundings where ever we go." As I've said in other situations, I'm just her ride. 


We played with paper bags and fruit. Some of the fruit had beads in it and it made noise when you shake it. I think she picked up each one and shook it. Then she'd put it in her mouth.


One of the Daddy's had some fruit in a bag. He and his little boy were putting it in the bag, then taking it out. That's one of the things we were supposed to do as a learning experience. We were learning to put things in, and take things out. (And by "we" I mean everyone except Sara Madalin.) Well, she went over to the Daddy - an adult, mind you - and she grabbed his bag and crawled away as fast as she could. I said, "No, we don't take things that aren't ours." I put it back. She went back and tried to get it again. The Daddy said to me, "She's going to be a little aggressive, isn't she?" I said, "You have no idea. And I don't know WHERE she gets it."

I can't wait to see what she does tomorrow night. It will be interesting to see how she exerts her independence. Oh, and guess who was the only mom who brought a camera. That would be me. Guess I'll be taking and emailing pics for a few other Mommy's this week. It's the least I can do to make up for my child's aggression toward them and their little ones. 

post signature

6 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

You have an award waiting on my blog! So, come check it out!

blessedmomto7 said...

HOW FUN! Looks like she had a blast and she is TOO precious!

K Storm said...

What a good time! I did Kindermusik with my daughter a few times and have some great memories from that!

Paige said...

So cute!! It is great that she loves music.

Penny said...

This girl is a trip! She's too sweet to be aggressive.

Ashlee McCrary said...

oh yes we LOVE kmusik for sure! glad sara madalin loves it too! busy days was my FAV class! the music is just awesome! we loved the "here we go my little one" song & "mama paquita" the next classes up havent had quite as cute songs but were still gonna keep doin this for awhile! it's a great learning experience! we start again late july!