Jun 16, 2009

M-I-C... See Ya Real Soon...

Call us crazy (as I'm sure many of you already have), but we're planning Sara Madalin's first trip to Disney. (You may have noticed my countdown clock at the bottom of our site. I put it up a couple weeks ago. I'm so excited, I can't wait!) And by planning, I don't mean we are just making hotel reservations and buying airline tickets. We are in FULL research mode. We have ordered books. We got a planning DVD in the mail this week that we ordered from the WDW web site. We have usernames and passwords to about 10 online help sites. And I am burning up the inbox of my friend Nicki with questions about restaurants, shows, and whether or not to take my big Chico stroller or the MacLaren umbrella stroller.  It is almost ridiculous. It's almost overwhelming. But it is so fun.

I realize there are going to be quite a number of things we can't do because Sara Madalin is so young. But I think she is just the right age for the fantasy and magic of Disney. I mean seriously, have you seen how curious she is? I think she'll find plenty to enjoy, even at 18 months. (We're going in October.)

The reason we even started considering it is because of our friends, Dr. Tony and Mrs. Mary. We had never really shown her the Disney characters or watched the Disney channel until recently. One night they came over for dinner and they brought her Minnie and Mickey hand puppets. She went crazy over those things. She crawled around with them for about a week - until I picked them up to clean them and then forgot to put them back in her toy box. But, not the point.

We went to dinner with Nicki and Dan a few weeks ago and I started asking them about the first time they took Jonah to Disney. He went at 9 months and they all really enjoyed it. She said it was worth it. They've been once since then and are going again this fall. Anyway, we started talking about the possibility of going. And after tons of emails and text messages, we started planning. She told us which books we needed to order. She has given us advice on which hotels to look at. She's just a wealth of knowledge. Ha.

Anyway, we're so excited. Sara Madalin is too. Can't you tell?


(That photo was so not staged. ;-))

We've decided on our hotel - The Polynesian. We have found a straight flight from our area to Orlando for a great price. And Reagan has spoke with someone about booking our character meals. But if anyone has any tips for us, please pass them along.  

post signature

9 comments:

K Storm said...

I know you'll have so much fun. We decided to postpone Disney until our kids can ride anything they want...we are almost there.

Baylee's Mommy said...

We are planning a trip November 18-25. I have never been and Carl hasn't been since he was 6 (I think). I am over the top excited to see it all through Baylee's eyes. I could care less about riding the scariest rollcoasters, however I am really looking forward to the characters breakfast :)

The Glenn Gang said...

The POLY is a great choice! You will love being at a Monorail resort with her because of naps and tiredness. YAY!!

We will SOOOO see you there! ;-)

Katie (and Tony) said...

So, living in Florida, being a florida girl and going to Disney many times...Maybe I need to give Nicki a call. Hmmm. I wonder what I am missing?

Paige said...

You will have a great time! Disney is so magical!

Gail said...

Be sure to make your reservations for the character meals NOW. nuff said.

Melanie said...

Fun!

I can't wait to take our kids to Disney. We'll probably wait until they're older. But Evelyn is really getting into princesses. I think she would LOVE it.

Heather said...

I am so wanting to take the kids to Disney!! We are thinking next year. I can't wait to hear more of your details and see pics when you go!! YAY for you guys!

Cindy- My Life HIS Story said...

I'm just now catching up on my blog reading. We were at Student Life camp last week- AWESOME!!!

I'm sure you already know this, but http://allears.net/index.html is one of the best sites. We went to Disney 2 summers ago when my 'babies' were 18 and 10!! I did exactly what you guys are doing...I studied and planned and enjoyed every minute of it!!

Also, I don't know when you guys are going, but they have extended the free dining plan. We used the dining plan (but it wasn't free when we went!). It made life very simple. I think it is only good until October 3. But even if you are going to be there for like 1 or 2 of those nights, you can set up two reservations...one that covers that time with free dining and the other to cover the rest of your time.
Can you tell I'm so excited for you??? And Sara Madalin will love it, too!