Jun 11, 2009

She Wants to Have a Ball

Reagan went with us to Kindermusik Tuesday night. So he took pictures and shot some video for us.

Sara Madalin was so excited when we got there. She nearly jumped out of my arms to get to the instruments that were placed on the floor for them. Here's a little "shaker" that she enjoyed for about 2 minutes. Then she was on to something else.


One of the parents said to me, "She moves really fast, doesn't she?" Yeah, she does. 

She found an egg shaker and checked it out very carefully.


Her favorites - the balls. There's a couple videos at the bottom of this post that relate to the balls. This child is crazy about balls. I bought her a whole basket of those little plastic balls from Wal-Mart. And we use them in swimming lessons too. "Ball" is one of the few words I've heard her say plainly so far. She nearly hyperventilates when she is near a ball.


Here we are singing one of our songs. She actually sat with me for a few minutes during our first song.


More instruments. These look like eggs but they are wooden and they have something inside that makes noise when you shake them. Sara Madalin preferred to bang them together. The teacher says she has good rhythm. Well, of course she does. She's a genius!!! ;-)


More shaking and beating.


And a little licking thrown in for good measure.


We were singing and dancing to "Mama Paquita" here. I forgot to tell Reagan to video it. The whole class loves this song. It's so fun.


And the ball again.


I posted this picture already yesterday. I love it. She was laughing and having a great time. We had scarves that Mrs. Mandy (our teacher) had put out, along with a number of other things. I was playing peek-a-boo with the scarf. She is loving peek-a-boo right now. She has a blanket that she rides with in the back seat of my car. She'll put it over her face and giggle. And it doesn't matter that I'm driving. Once she puts it over her face and giggles, I'm supposed to say, "Where's Sara Madalin?" And then she'll take it down and smile, just like this. Oh, I love it! 


This was a "stroller." We went "strolling" through the park. She rode with Kinsley. Aren't they cute?


Now, let me tell you about the videos. When we arrived, there were instruments out on the floor. When it was time to start class, we washed them off with wipes and put them away. When we put them away in the back of the room, Sara Madalin noticed the box of balls on top of the AC unit by the window. She kept pointing to those balls. I told you, she loves balls. Anyway, she kept pointing to them and no one would go get them. She crawled away from me and went over to the teacher, Mrs. Mandy, in hopes of convincing her to go get them. That's what she's doing as we sing in the first video. 

video

When she couldn't convince Mrs. Mandy to go get the balls, she took matters into her own hands. She left all of us as we sang and carried on with class, and crawled to the back of the room, and . . . well, see for yourself. . .

video

Only a couple more days and we're done with this class. I can already tell it has helped her so much She's really come out of her shyness and timidness around strangers. 

post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is going to be a very determined, musically inclined,
outgoing, and, of course, beautiful
baby. Sara Madalin is very blessed to have such great parents.
Pat F.

Heather said...

So cute...and VERY determined. It can be somewhat tough to deal with as a mom but I'm glad that Gia is like that too because I'm hoping she will keep that trait so when she is older she goes after what she wants and doesn't give up until she gets it...much like Sara Madalin in this video. :)

K Storm said...

I'm glad she's enjoyed that...you'll always cherish these memories!