Jul 20, 2009

Carrying Her Own Weight

For her birthday, David and Regina sent Sara Madalin a turtle backpack from Guatemala. I put it in her closet with her other bags until we needed it. Well, I was hanging clothes in her room the other day and she was in there with me. She decided she'd check everything out in her closet. I looked over and she'd pulled the backpack out. I put it on her and she walked around all morning with that thing on.

Finally, I was got her ready to go to Mrs. Gail's and I had to take the backpack off her. I put it with her other toys in the living room. After she was dressed, she went over and got the backpack and slung it over her shoulder trying to put it back on.

I finally put a couple diapers in it and let her carry it with her to Mrs. Gail's. I told her it was about time she started carrying her own weight around here.

post signature

6 comments:

Greetings from Guatemala said...

Well, it sure looks cute on her!! :-)

Penny said...

I love the backpack! That will be a priceless keepsake for her! My baby called them packbacks. =)

Jana Padgett said...

Well when FB lets you down just go to the faithful blog! She looks like she is ready for school! It want be long and you will be posting her first day of school and then her first day of her senior year! I mean she is so smart we could just start her senior year next week if we wanted her to!!

Elizabeth said...

How cute! My little girl had a tiny backpack she love to wear. She called it her 'pack pack' LOL

Courtney said...

She looks adorable with that little backpack on!

Paige said...

Oh my goodness! How sweet.