Jul 17, 2009

Flashback Friday #23


I love this picture. It's probably my favorite picture of me and Reagan.

I'm re-decorating our guest bedroom. We're going with a beach theme. I wanted to frame a few photos of us on the beach to place in there. I chose one of Sara Madalin and me this past May. And I also chose a collage of pictures of Reagan and me from the above photo session. It was taken on our 11th anniversary in Orange Beach, AL. I knew I wanted to have beach photos done, but I wanted something a little different than the traditional white shirt and khakis, or white shirt and jeans. So, when I called to speak with the photographer, she gave me a few suggestions. She said she'd done a session where the couple had worn formal attire and that the photos turned out great. Well, I am a girl who LOVES to dress up, so I was all about the formal attire idea. Reagan on the other hand - it took a little convincing to get him to cooperate. But in the end, he was happy to do it and he loved the way things turned out too.

I love the picture not only because we're dressed up and it's on the beach. I love it because it is so "us". It's like our life captured in one still moment. I'm dancing in the picture. Well, we were both supposed to be dancing, but I'm the one twirling around and Reagan is standing there, holding my hand and smiling as I dance. That's a lot like our life and marriage. He holds my hand while I dance. He smiles and holds me steady. He cheers me on. He encourages me. He, in many ways, provides the music to which I dance. He lets me twist and twirl and laugh and be me. And he's there. Steady. Encouraging. Smiling. Making it possible, in so many ways, for me to feel free to dance. There's no place he'd rather be, no one he'd rather dance with, nothing that makes him happier, than letting me be me. It's true when we dance, as well as how we live.
post signature

7 comments:

Courtney said...

This picture is so beautiful!

Penny said...

I love the picture, but I REALLY love the description. So sweet! =)
Sometimes your readers need to be reminded that you existed before SM. Hard to imagine, though. LOL

The Glenn Gang said...

That's my deacon...MR STEADY! I so Love both of you!!!

Lynn said...

That's one of my favorite pictures too. It looks like Reagan is holding your out his hand for you and you are just grinning. It is a happy picture.

Jennifer said...

Awwwe so sweet. I love it!! Gulf Shores is one of my favorite places to visit.

Ms. Shirley said...

Love the picture...but I love the story more. Such a beautiful description of a marriage!!

Heather said...

Beautiful picture, beautiful post (that brought tears to my eyes). You are truly blessed to have such a wonderful marriage and sweet little girl.