Jul 6, 2009

VBS 2009, Day 1 - By Sugar

Today was my first day at Vacation Bible School. I didn't get to go last year because Mommy wouldn't take me. Well, that, and I was only about 6 weeks old.

Anyway, I was so excited about going to VBS for the first time, that I woke Mommy up at 5:00 a.m. I don't think Mommy was as excited as I was about starting our day that early. She fixed me a cup of milk and then let me lay down with her and Daddy in their bed. I tried to talk to them but they wouldn't talk to me. So I tried louder. Then Mommy picked me up and took me back to my bed. Well, I knew it would be harder for them to hear me from all the way across the house, so I yelled. But they never came back. So, I decided I might as well take a nap. There really wasn't much else to do when you're trapped in a crib. Note to self: Figure out a way to get out of that thing without Mommy and Daddy knowing.

After a short nap, Daddy came and got me up around 7:00. I ate two pieces of toast and drank a cup of milk. What? I'm a growing girl. I need nourishment.

After my toast, Mommy wanted to take a picture of me on my first day at VBS. But I wasn't having it. I was still mad at her for not talking to me at 5:00 a.m. I didn't want to take a picture and I wanted down. So I pulled out my secret weapon. Wanna know what it is? A hug.

A hug gets me pretty much whatever I want. It also makes Mommy and Daddy forget when I've pulled all the clean wash clothes out from under the bathroom cabinet. It makes Mommy forget that I grabbed a handful of diapers and threw them on the floor. It makes Daddy forget that I pulled all his financial papers off the table where he was working and spread them all over the living room when he wasn't looking. Yeah, a hug works wonders for me.

After the hug, Mommy put me on the floor in the kitchen. And boy was I glad she did. I needed to work on my alphabet and farm animal magnets. For some reason a few of my magnets seem to be missing from the fridge. I can't be sure, but I think someone took them off the fridge and hid them under the couch. I bet it was Taco. Yeah, Taco did it.

While I was working, Mommy and Daddy continued getting things ready for us to leave. I decided I'd like a little drink of something before we headed out. Good thing Mommy left the pantry door open. I went in and grabbed me a kool-ade for the road.

Then I heard, "SARA MADALIN!" That's what my Mommy says when she needs a hug. But, rather than offer that right off the bat (cause I try to save that little jewel for a last resort when I'm in trouble), I held up the bottle and asked her, "What? You want a drink? There's plenty." Only I didn't say that, cause I can't talk in complete sentences yet. But I offered her a sip, nontheless.

Guess she wasn't thirsty. But I was. I tried to get a drink in real quick, but Mommy's quicker.

So, needless to say, I was thirsty until I got to VBS.

Here I am with my Aunt Bobbye and Mrs. Ann. They are my VBS teachers this week.

They give me all the juice and snacks I want when I'm with them. And they don't even make me pull out the secret weapon.

Tomorrow I'm going back to VBS for a little while. Maybe Mommy will take a few pictures of me. We'll see.

post signature

2 comments:

Paige said...

Precious!! Sounds like she is keeping you extra busy these days. = )

Courtney said...

Cute post. Sounds like she is having lots of fun!