Jul 18, 2009

What a Surprise!

We went to dinner last night at a local restaurant and I got a very special surprise. I was sitting there eating my salad and feeding Sara Madalin a little bit of sweet potato, when I looked up and saw a former co-worker, Lisa. She and I worked together for about 8 years at Stuart C. Irby Co. She was like an older sister to me. She taught me so much and counseled me on more than one occasion - both professionally and personally. She looked over my way and I waved. She came over and we hugged and talked for a few minutes. She oohed and ahhed over Sara Madalin for a few minutes. Then she said, "Guess who's with us?" It was my former boss, Dale. He taught me EVERYTHING I know about business. He taught me to about professionalism. Between the two of them, they pretty much raised me. I owe them so much. I was so happy to see both of them and their spouses last night. They were so funny. I almost forgot, but I did snap one quick picture of them before we let them get back to their dinner.
post signature

2 comments:

The Glenn Gang said...

Don't you love running into people unexpectedly? Especially people who have had such an influence on your life? How great that you got to see them!!

Jana Padgett said...

So they are the ones I can thank for you making it so hard on us in school about being professional! So thanks alot Mr. Dale and Mrs. Lisa!!
I do have to say here that you are the one of the most influential people in my life. Professional and personally! You have taught me in more ways then just the class room! I know SM will be a wonderful and special person because of what her parents have and will teach her!
Love you all!
Jana