Aug 13, 2009

The Hat Lady

I have this "thing" for hats. I LOVE them. I love to buy them. I love to wear them. I kind of have a little collection of them. If I'm shopping, and I see hats, whether I need one or not, I have to try on a few. If the price is right, I might even buy one. The top of my closet looks like this...

... only it's ALL the way around.

My husband, Reagan works at a drug store. They sell wigs at the store (among a MILLION other crazy things). The wigs are displayed on styrofoam heads. So, I had an idea. I asked him if he could get me a few of those heads. So, he came home Wednesday evening with a big cardboard box. You can probably guess what was in the box. A bunch of these heads.

(I took a picture of them like this because it was really freaky seeing a bunch of heads piled into a box.)

Now, the top of my closet looks like this.

What a big improvement. Now my hats can stay elevated and not get so dusty. And, the heads will help the hats keep their shape. Oh yeah, I love me some hats.

post signature

6 comments:

Carrie said...

What a cute post. The new heads look great holding your hats! I love hats too, but every year I chicken out on wearing a hat to church for Easter. May 2010 will be the year!

Courtney said...

Love your hat collection. I am not a hat girl, but can appreciate people who are! The closet looks great!

Avery's Mommy said...

omg too cute!

K Storm said...

Fun!

Cheri Peoples said...

That looks great--I need some of those.
Cheri

Melanie said...

What a great display! I bet it will make you smile every time you walk into your closet now.