Aug 18, 2009

It's About Time

Our ladies' class on Sunday evening is having the best time studying the book of Esther. We've learned some great truths these past few weeks concerning God's "time." We've learned the importance of God's timing and His divine providence. A few of the comments in our study that have really impressed me include the following:
  • The longer it takes God to answer our prayers, the harder He's working. (What a testimony Reagan and I have of that.)

  • "God is never late, but He misses a few good opportunities to be early."

  • And my favorite revelation from our study these past couple weeks comes from Isaiah 40:31 which says, "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint." I learned a new truth in that scripture through this study. So many times I grew weary in our wait for a child. It's because I was waiting on a child and not waiting on THE LORD as scripture says. When we wait on HIM and not the THING we're praying for or about, He does strengthen and re-new us.
And as we've done in the past, we had a little celebration around the theme of what we're studying - TIME. Cheryl did pretty much all the work on our little celebration this past Sunday. She brought clocks (time... clocks... pretty clever, huh?), a plaque that had a quote about time, and some little chocolates that had a wrapper with the following printed on it: "It's time for chocolate." Amen, sista!

Here's the table she decorated.

The chocolates

And a close-up (We really liked the chocolates.)

A plaque (She also gave me one of these as a house-warming gift. I put it on an easel in my guest bathroom.)

A little toy watch with candy in it.

These were cheese-nips and oyster crackers that she seasoned. They were just a light snack, but so good.

And our door prize was a stone plaque with a cross on it, and an easel to display it on. One of our Senior ladies, Ms. Lona, won the prize.

We are enjoying this study so much. I am excited about the next few weeks as we finish it up.

post signature

2 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Cute theme, and cute ideas!!!

suzanne

Melanie said...

I love that revelation about waiting on the Lord, not the child. One of the things I realized during our infertility struggles was that I needed to stop praying to get pregnant. Because I really did have total faith and belief that God would allow me to be a mother - I just didn't know when or how (pregnancy, adoption, etc.). So, instead of praying to get pregnant, I started just praying to be humble to God's will and timing, to trust in His plan for me and our family... It brought me a lot more peace.