Aug 31, 2009

Let's Delight Ourselves in the Lord

Friday night Martha and I had the great pleasure of attending a Beth Moore simulcast at an area church. Here's a picture of me and my Martha.

The event was part of a huge international 516 location simulcast of a live event where Beth Moore spoke in Green Bay, Wisconsin Friday night and Saturday. I'd actually been invited by my friend and mentor, Kathy. She was unable to attend and I so hate it. I know she would have loved it. But I'm glad that Martha and I got to go together. I love my Martha. She's the kind of friend that can tell you what she really thinks, and it's ok. For instance, she told me Friday night that I'm a bit lengthy in some of my blog posts. Hmmmm.... don't have a clue why she thinks that.

Anyway, it was a great time of renewal and worship. I thoroughly enjoyed it and there were a number of things that I heard that I KNOW were specifically for me. Things that I'm meditating on and praying about.

And at the end of the night I got a most wonderful surprise.

After service, as Martha and I were picking our stuff up to leave, a young woman came over to me and said, "Malinda?" I looked at her and didn't recognize her. She said, "You don't know me. I read your blog. I've left a few comments." And then it hit me. It was Melinda. A young woman who found us a while ago - last Fall if I remember correctly. She'd emailed and commented and I also knew about her through another friend.

She began to tell me she'd seen me earlier in the night but wasn't sure it was me. (Maybe cause I recently chopped ALL my hair off.) But then she saw Martha and she knew it was me. So, there, Martha. I'm lengthy but YOU'RE famous because of these posts. Ha.

We talked for a while. It was so neat to meet her. She is one of the young ladies who've found our blog by no other means but God. She and her husband are where Reagan and I were a few years ago. They are on an adoption waiting list with a local agency. She said that she's read some of the things that I've shared on our blog and she's realized, she's not the only one going through the feelings she's experienced while waiting on a child. She's right. She's not alone. There are so many many people who are experiencing what she's going through. I'm glad she got to be there for this event too. I so hope she received a word from God through what Beth shared.

And of course, I told her I had to have a picture. So, here we are.

Then Saturday, Melinda came over to see me again. And she brought the sweetest gift. It was a necklace for Sara Madalin. I almost cried. That she would do something so thoughtful, it's just so humbling and sweet. I am so thankful for these sweet, encouraging people that God has brought into my life and introduced to me through this blog. God has been so good to me.

And don't you want to see the necklace? Here's my girl with her pretty little gift from Mrs. Melinda.

She's so proud of it. It has pastel pink, yellow, green and purple beads. She LOVED it. She wore it all day Sunday. I was afraid it wouldn't make it past Sunday school. But she did so good. She didn't pull on it at all. She was upset when I took it off her after church. So, Mrs. Melinda, you did real good. Thank you so much.

If you want to read more about Melinda, I've added her to my blog roll on the left side of our blog page. Her blog is Blessed Creations. Please pray for her and her husband as they wait on the Lord. Pray that they would delight in Him, and that He would give them the desires of their heart.

post signature

7 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Oh, what a neat story!!! too cool.

Suzanne

K Storm said...

That is so sweet...so glad that you and Melinda had the chance to meet!! It is nice to be able to offer encouragement to someone seeking God's plans.

I hate I missed the weekend...Things are a little too fast and packed around here and we are trying to find the balance. You are too kind to refer to me as mentor though...I'm good with friend.

Ms Shirley said...

I love your blogs!!! They aren't too long!! Precious Sara Madlin...

Penny said...

That picture of Sara Madalin in the necklace is PRICELESS! That's one of my favorites of her. =)

Melinda said...

Malinda, I am so flattered by your post. I just love the picture of Sara Madalin. Your blog has been such an encouragement while I have been on this adoption journey. I just hope I can be as encouraging for others. With all those ladies there, I know it was God who allowed our paths to cross.

Melanie said...

I can say with all sincerity that I have met some of my best friends online. We have grieved and rejoiced together as we went through the pain of infertility and then the joy of having our children. The internet can be a wonderful thing!

Cindy- My Life HIS Story said...

This is such a neat story!!! Praying God's blessings on M & M...MAlinda and MElinda!