Aug 4, 2009

The Office

Last week I mentioned that we were starting a re-decorating project in the office/sewing room upstairs. That wasn't completely true. You really can't "re-decorate" something that has never been decorated. So, I guess I should say, we're starting to decorate the office/sewing room upstairs.

I don't think I've shared any pictures on our blog of that space. So, here are a couple pictures. The first picture is of the office area at one end of the room.

Right now, we just have boxes and other things that we placed in here the day we moved in. The furniture won't stay in the same position it is in. And all the clutter will be cleaned up.

Then, standing in the office area, looking toward the other end of the room will be my sewing/craft area.

The room is a little over 480 square feet. I had ALL this stuff that is currently in this space, in a room that was barely 100 square feet in our old house. Needless to say, I'm excited about having all this space to work.

The floors are hardwood. I actually got to pick them out. They were finished before we moved into this house. There is one large window in the space. Without blinds it lets in a lot of natural light, which is great for a creative space. We will install blinds and hang curtains, but I'll still be able to open them for natural light.

Rhoda has already given me a lot of great suggestions for this room. We are planning on starting it this week. Reagan has a few spots on the wall that he needs to repair before we can actually paint. I told him the prep work always seems to take forever. Then, once we paint, everything else is finished in no time.

I'll post a few pictures when we're done. It's going to be a really fun space if we can get it to all come together. I'm so excited.

post signature


5 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Oh, what a great space for an office and creative "studio"!!! I love it, and look forward to what you will do with it!!

Suzanne

Cheri Peoples said...

I just found your blog from seeing the room redo at Rhoda's. It looks so good. You did a great job with her suggestions. I am going to add you to my blog roll and check in regularly. I hope you will come by for a visit to my blogs.
Its So Very Cheri and Its So Very Cheri 2 OUR FAVORITE THINGS
Cheri

Courtney said...

Looks like a great space. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Ashlee McCrary said...

that is a NICE lookin room for crafty projects! i wish i had a room for that!

K Storm said...

So much potential in a room like that!