Aug 20, 2009

She Doesn't Look for Trouble, It Just Finds Her


See that shirt? It's as if the person who designed it KNEW Sugar.


We haven't been up to much this week. We haven't been to any ball games or fun parties. Sara Madalin hasn't found time to climb OR dance on the tables. No swinging. No swimming. No progress on any of the home improvement projects. And with classes starting back at the college where I teach, I've not had a lot of time to chase her around to get some of those shots of her just being curious and "busy" like I normally do.


We've just spent some time playing - which I could watch her do for hours.


I guess I could tell you about how she will give me sugar now when I say, "Give Mama a kiss." It's so sweet. But I don't have a picture of it.


I could tell you about how she woke up at 4:30 Wednesday morning - ONE HOUR before my alarm was set. I hate it when she does that. But then, I put her in the bed with us, and once she started drifting back off to sleep, she turned toward me and put her arms around my neck and hugged up close to me. I LOVE it when she does THAT. But again, no pictures of it.


Or I could tell you about the tickle time we've been having in the afternoons. She holds her arms up to me and I put her in my lap, we sit on the couch, and she turns over on her back and starts grinning. So, I tickle her. And she laughs and giggles. But - you guessed it - no pictures.


Oh, and there's the evening routine. She gets a bath. She brushes her teeth. I get her a cup of milk and we go into her bedroom. Once she's in her PJs, she sits in my lap and drinks her milk while I read her "My Go-To-Bed Book." She's the quietest and most still at that time. Once I'm done with the book, she finishes her milk while I rock her and sing "Jesus Loves Me." When the cup is empty, she hands it to me. I sit it on the table beside the chair. She turns toward me and puts her head on my shoulder. I rock her until she's almost asleep. Then, I put her down in her crib. She rolls over onto her tummy, pulls her blanket up close underneath her, and she goes to sleep. It's the sweetest thing. Nope, no pictures of that either.


Yeah, it's pretty quiet around here this week.


Maybe next week will be more newsworthy.


That is, if SOMEONE can stay out of trouble.

post signature

2 comments:

K Storm said...

She is so cute!!!

Ashlee McCrary said...

Sometimes those "uneventful" days are the best! Do you really get up at 5:30 every morning? I wish I could! I'd get so much done before time for Rylie to get up. I'm NOT a morning person tho! I try to be, but I just cant do it! lol You're def more disciplined on that than I could ever be!