Aug 11, 2009

Update on the Rooms

So, when I made THIS POST about the guest room, I mentioned that there were still a few things I needed to add to the room. Well, we've added a mirror and an area rug. I thought I'd show them to those who might be interested in seeing them.

Here's a shot of the mirror above the dresser. It started as the big gold mirror I found at a furniture consignment store. Reagan took it apart, painted the frame and re-glued the mirror back into the frame. It looks so much better to me.

Here's the area rug I chose. The decorator who helped me with this room suggested a striped rug since it is a beach-themed room. I found this at Ballards, the same place I got the burlap curtains and bed skirt.

Now for this room, all I have yet to find is the picture for above the headboard, and a small furniture piece for the area between the door and closet. The room looks so much more sophisticated and finished than it did before.

We've also moved on to the office/craft room upstairs. I showed a few pictures of it on this post. The room was originally designed for walk-in storage, so the walls were not in great shape when it was painted. Reagan has done quite a bit of repair on the walls as you can see from the following pictures.

Reagan is learning a lot about home repair and painting. He'll be the first to admit he's never been very handy around the house. But he is doing so much to make this a beautiful home for us. I'm so proud of him.

And of course, there can't be a post without the home improvement supervisor - Miss Sara Madalin. She put us to work and then went to play with her toys that are stored in the bonus room upstairs right now. It's funny how excited she gets over something that she's played with a million times before, but hasn't seen in about 2 weeks.
post signature

5 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Oooh, the mirror and the rug are nice additions! And I cannot wait to see the finished office/studio!

SM is adorable!
Suzanne

Paige said...

The room is really coming together nicely! Can't wait to see it when it is complete.

Baylee's Mommy said...

It looks awesome! I had the feeling earlier while at work to be "crafty" this weekend. Maybe not tackle a whole room but a few small projects sounds fun...like recovering my dining room table chairs. :)

Ashlee McCrary said...

the guest room looks very nice! i love that mirror!

Courtney said...

The guest room looks great!