Sep 30, 2009

I Need Help

When my sister Brandi saw that title, I KNOW she thought, "I've been saying that about you for years." Whatever, Brandi!

No, I need help packing. I'm trying to get everything organized and packed for our Disney trip in a few weeks. I have to pack a carry-on with enough snacks and entertainment options to keep Sara Madalin busy during our wait in the airport, flight, and transition from arrival to check-in at the hotel. What are some good options for things to keep her busy? I'm packing our old stand-by snacks - fruit loops and Cheerios. I'll probably add some raisins and possibly some dried fruit. If there is one thing I don't want to do, it is be caught without a snack for her when she gets hungry. It's not pretty. But I just don't know what to pack for her to play with. I'll pack some books. She likes for us to read to her now.

Then also, clothes??? I had a friend who just went to Disney and she dressed her daughter up in theme clothing everyday. Pochahontas the day they went to Animal Kingdom. A princess when they ate at Cinderella's Castle. I don't think I'll go that far. But if anyone who's been before has any ideas or tips, please send them to me.

And just to get us in the spirit, here's a picture of Sara Madalin in her Minnie swimsuit last week before swim lessons. She's never worn a suit with a character on the front. It was quite distracting to her.

That's my cutie!

2 comments:

Greetings from Guatemala said...

I bet you are all getting excited about your trip! I know all of you will have a great time! How fun!!

The Glenn Gang said...

Well, you know I have ideas. Have you seen the cheerio books? Look an amazon. They are super cool. They have slot on each page that you put the cheerios in to help complete the picture. Those worked great for us on flights. Entertainment you can eat!

I ordered Jonah a couple of Disney outfits. You should check ETSY. They have some cute shirts. You would get lots of wear from them over the trips to come.