Sep 1, 2009

Sugar's Plum

Sunday afternoon Reagan introduced Sara Madalin to a new fruit - plums.

She is now a BIG fan of plums. She absolutely loved it.

I thought she was just sucking on it. But no, she was taking big bites out of it.

She probably ate half the plum. I'm so glad she likes fruit.

All these pictures were taken AFTER our FUN event Sunday afternoon. We all took a little nap. Sara Madalin in her bed, and us in ours. After we'd all been asleep for a while, I heard her moving around in her bed. I thought, "She's not done with her nap. I'll let her stay in there and she'll go back to sleep." That's what happens most Sundays. She'll sleep for a while, whine a few minutes and then go back to sleep for about 30-45 minutes. But she kept moving around. So, I got up and went in there where she was. And there she was - standing in her bed with nothing on but her top. She pointed to the diaper she'd taken off and said, "Look." Or at least her version of "Look." I said, "Yes, I see." As I looked closer, I also saw that she was standing in a puddle of her urine. So, to recap - she'd taken OFF her diaper, tossed it aside, and wet her bed.

So, I picked her up and got her out of the bed. I wiped her down real quick and took her top off her. While I was taking her sheets off the bed, she left the bedroom and walked into the living room. About a minute later, I heard Reagan say, "Um, Malinda, you need to come help me." Our daughter had gone to the living room, "naked as a jay-bird" as they say here in Mississippi, and pooped in the floor.

I posted (a condensed version of) that story in my Facebook status Sunday afternoon. One of my friends left a comment that said, "Good times. Good times!" And I know, under most circumstances, I would have been - and SHOULD have been - upset. I was a little. But I couldn't stop laughing long enough to get angry with her. I have a feeling she is going to make our life very interesting.
post signature

5 comments:

Avery's Mommy said...

Gotta love an independent, diaper shedding toddler!

Cindy- My Life HIS Story said...

Have you taught her to sing 'Natural Woman' yet?? LOL. Malinda, we need to be facebook friends!!

Penny said...

Too funny! I actually had one remove her diaper, also supposedly napping, AFTER she it was full with diarrhea style poop and smeared it all over the crib, wall and herself! she was about nine months. I was gagging! ugh!

Courtney said...

I had a friend whose daughter did this same thing everyday at naptime. She had to safety pin her into her clothes before she went down for her nap!

Heather said...

Talk about a new accomplishments...not so fun for you guys though! I've been lucky so far, Gia will sort of pull at the tabs but as long as I don't leave her in her crib without shorts on or some sort of bottoms there hasn't been a problem so far. I've got my fingers crossed that it continues for a while longer.