Oct 16, 2009

Flashback Friday - Disneyland 2005

Back in 2005, when Jana was one of my students, instead of my best-buddy, Reagan and I "chaperoned" her at an international competition in California. And I use the word "chaperone" very loosely. The event was held on the Disney property in California. We flew in to LA and rented a car. Jana wanted us to rent a convertible. So we did. Only we didn't think about the amount of luggage we'd have to put in the car in addition to us riding in it. When we picked up the car, we HAD to ride with the top down just to load and transport our luggage. We joked that we were "country gone to town" with Jana riding in the back with all her luggage.

Oh, and I had to drive the entire time we were in CA. When we checked in at the airport in Jackson to fly out, we discovered Reagan's driver's license was expired. He was able to renew online, but didn't want to drive because he didn't have an actual renewed copy. It was fine with me. I enjoyed driving.

In addition to the competition, we also received comp tickets to Disneyland. The first opportunity we had, we were there. Here's a picture from one of the parades. I remember thinking it seemed to last FOR-EVER. But it was amazing.

Here's me and my buddy in front of the Small World ride.

Aren't we cool?

It was their 50th anniversary. And to commemorate that there were gold Mickey ears on sale. All three of us got a pair. Here Jana and I are in ours.

Reagan and I outside our hotel.

And here we are with the Mouse.
We had a great time. We have been so blessed to be able to experience so much during our marriage. God has been so good to us.
post signature

2 comments:

Jana said...

Aw I love it!!! You also have to mention about us getting lost with a GPA!!!!
Hope yall are doing good! Miss yall!

Malinda @ A Gift Worth the Wait said...

Do you mean a "GPS"?