Oct 24, 2009

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall
Who's the fairest of them all?

It's certainly not the Evil Queen. Maybe it's this little girl...

So, my "friend" Nicki, who gave us all kinds of advice while we were planning our Disney trip, asked us the week before we flew down, if we might be interested in going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Disney while we were there. She said it's kid-friendly, you get to ride without having to stand in long lines, and EVEN THE PARENTS DRESS UP IN COSTUMES.

So, of course we said sure. Nicki had given us great advice so far. I bought Sara Madalin a Snow White costume and Reagan and I went out and bought a Prince costume for him and an Evil Witch costume for me. (It was the only female Disney costume I could find to go with theirs.)

Here we all are dressed and ready for the party.

And here are Dan and Nicki and Jonah dressed for the party. Can you guess what Dan and Nicki dressed up as? No? That's because THEY DIDN'T DRESS UP!!!!!

And we didn't let them forget it the whole night.

Here are all the FUN people in our group that night. Jonah was Peter Pan.

Sara Madalin LOVES Disney. She is all about the dancing and playing and fun of it all.

Here are Sara Madalin and I with one of the little girls who stood in line with us as we waited to see Snow White that night. Her name is Daveena. And I know I spelled that right because she made sure to tell me how to spell her name.

She was not shy by any means. She was one of the many little girls who would walk up to me and just stare. I guess that's one perk to dressing up as a Disney character, you definitely get noticed by all the people around you. (And by the way, there were other "cool" adults who dressed up too. They just weren't in our group.) Daveena talked to me the whole time we were in line. She also invited us to go Trick or Treating with her after our picture with Snow White. I had to tell her we were meeting other friends for that. She was certainly a very friendly little girl.

Here we are with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Sara Madalin loves all the characters she got to meet. She is so the right age for all the make believe.

Snow White gave her a big kiss right on the forehead before we left. She loved it.

After our pictures, we met back up with Dan, Nicki, and Jonah and the kids did a little dancing at Ariel's Grotto.







Then we had dinner and finally rode our first ride at Magic Kingdom. It just happened to be my favorite ride of all time when I visited as a young girl - It's a Small World. Sara Madalin was in awe.


At the end of the ride, Sara Madaln climbed up in front with Nicki, Jonah, and Dan. Sugar loves her some Bro. Dan.

Next, we watched a fireworks display. As we waited on the sidewalk, Sara Madalin decided to use her time wisely and catch a quick nap.

The fireworks were so pretty. Here's Cinderella's Castle lit up by fireworks.

Nicki and sweet Sugar.

We also watched a parade. By the end of the night, Sara Madalin was worn out (for once). She gave Mrs. Nicki some love and we left them there to play some more while we went back to our hotel to bed.

We had a great time. I'm glad Nicki suggested the party and I'm also thrilled that we got to experience the night with such sweet friends. We might even have to come back and see them again some time soon.

Cause we like them. It has nothing to do with the fact that they live so close to Disney.

Edited: You can find more cool Halloween costume ideas at Kelly's blog by clicking here.
post signature

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...what super cool friends you have. I mean, they could have dressed up and stolen your thunder but this way, they allowed the night to be all about your first trip to Disney. I wish I had friends like that. Seriously, super cool friends.

Malinda @ A Gift Worth the Wait said...

Nicki - I know that was you who left that first comment. Ha Ha. You STILL didn't dress up. But yeah, I guess you're kind of cool.

Katie (and Tony) said...

I can't believe they didn't dress up! Every party has a pooper, that's why we invited you! Although, they kinda did the inviting, huh? And YOU looked unbelievable in your costume! oh my goodness! I didn't even recognize you! Fabulous!

KK said...

Y'all are so cute!

Heather said...

This is so cool!! Love the pictures, you look great and your little princess is precious!! Love this, fun times!

Paige said...

How adorable is she? I love the costume!

Summer said...

What a precious snow white! I am loving the pic of the lipstick kiss from the real snow white! How PRECIOUS!
Summer :0)

Melissa's Thoughts said...

I love that you all dressed up. How special.