Oct 5, 2009

These Boots Are Made For...

Sara Madalin and I stayed in most of last week because of her fever and what was supposed to be Hand, Foot, & Mouth disease. Her fever has been gone since Thursday and I have YET to see any indication of what was supposed to be the signs of this virus. No rashes on her hands and feet. No ulcers in her mouth. As a matter of fact, the girl loves tomatoes. The little tiny ones. And she has eaten those things as fast as I can cut them into bite size pieces. I'm no expert, but I would think if she had an ulcer in her mouth, she wouldn't eat those. Anyway, my point was, we stayed home from Wednesday night though Friday. She and I both were ready to get out of the house.

So, since Daddy worked Saturday, she and I decided to go out and do a little shopping. The girl is changing shoe sizes faster than I can keep up with almost. So, we paid a visit to the Shoe-Choo Train. I bought her a new pair of Keds and I also bought her a pair of boots I've had my eye on for several months.

How cute are those? I figure, she likes to walk around outside with Daddy right now and I don't really want her wearing her good shoes out in the muddy, dirty yard, so, these are perfect. And they have a touch of girly-girly too.

Saturday afternoon, I slipped them on her and went outside to play. She never got farther than the front porch.

I love this next picture. It's so cute how she's holding that corn.

I only let her pick up a couple of things. She wanted to move ALL the vegetables. She has this "thing" where if something is INSIDE something (a box, a drawer, whatever), she feels it is her job to move it OUTSIDE. Maybe she thought by moving them, she was "freeing" the vegetables.

And once she had a few things in her hands, she was off.

We walked from the front porch to the back porch to the front porch about 10 times.

Look at this face. I absolutely LOVE her.

There's really not much of note on this video, but I loved watching her so I filmed it to watch again and again. She is so busy. And it's funny how the steps are right there, but rather than go down them, she decided to crawl down off the side of the porch. I love watching her. I love watching how she figures things out. I love seeing her explore and look at new things. She's such a fun girl.

And she looks great in those boots, don't you think?

video

post signature

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so glad she's feeling better!

This girl has better clothes/shoes/accessories than I do!

Love the new header for your blog, that picture of Sara Madalin is absolutely beautiful!

Paige said...

Love those boots! They are so grown-up looking!

Courtney said...

Love those boots!