Oct 1, 2009

Welcome Fall

I think maybe Fall has arrived in Mississippi. The past few days have been cooler and the air just feels a little different. It makes me want to pull out a sweater, put on my boots and go on a hayride. But instead, I pulled out what Fall decor I have and tried to bring a little Autumn feel to our home.

Here's our front door. I put a couple mums on each side of the door surrounded by pumpkins, corn, and gourds.

I had a great deal of "help" decorating the front porch. So much help, that I had to re-do it at least 3 times. Sara Madalin thought the pumpkins were balls and she kept picking them up and carrying them off to another area of the porch or yard.

Here's a close-up of one side. I had that scarecrow in the living room the other day when Sara Madalin got home. She was so excited to see him. I think at first she thought it was someone her size to play with.

And here's the other side of the front door.

I don't have many decorations inside. And what I do have, I have to place up high - far out of reach of my "helper." This is on part of the bar in the kitchen.

I keep this up year-round. We like to LAUGH around here.

This is a little scarecrow and ceramic cornucopia. My mother-in-law gave me the ceramic piece not long after Reagan and I married.

I also have a couple of wooden pilgrims and a clear canister full of small pumpkins, gourds, and fall leaves.

This is the buffet in the dining area. I kind of have a thing for scarecrows and pumpkins it seems.


This is the dining table. A few little farmers live here. They work hard.

They gather corn.

And harvest carrots.

I have a feeling that as soon as Sara Madalin can crawl up in a chair to reach them, their days will be numbered.

Here's a pretty little pumpkin I picked up at Hobby Lobby. It's one of the very few things that I've placed on a side table.

So, that's a look at my Fall decorations. Remember, this Fall...

For more Fall decorations, visit Rhoda's blog, Southern Hospitality. She's hosting a Fall blog party there.

Edited: I'm also participating in Kelly's Fall Decoration Tour. Click here to see more decorations at her site.


18 comments:

Marianne@Songbirdisnesting said...

I love all these decked out fornt porches I see on all these blogs. I am afraid if we did that everything would have to be bolted to the wall, or it would get stolen. Your fall decorations look very nice!

Stacey said...

Your porch is so inviting! I love that little sign...it's my favorite. :)

Kathryn @ Bonafide Southern said...

What cute vignettes! I love your entrance. It's so inviting and welcoming.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Your home is sure ready for FALL...I looove what you have done...the LAUGH sign is a hoot!!! HAPPY FALL!

Blessings,
Linda

niartist said...

Oh this is just beautiful! Definitely a fantastic way to ring in fall! Thanks for sharing! Oh, and if you're going to be doing any spooky Halloween decor, stop by my blog for a how-to and a giveaway! I hope you can! :)

Blue Creek Home said...

Everything looks so pretty. I love that you had a cute little helper. My little helpers grew up!!

*We lived in MS for 14 years. I miss my friends!
Rhonda

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Everything looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

Your hobby lobby wooden pumpkin looks just like the ones in the pottery barn catalog!! Great buy :)

Katie said...

Your front porch is adorable. thanks for sharing.

Sherri S said...

Your porch is BEAUTIFUL! I love all the cuties.

Courtney said...

Your fall decorations look great. This is my favorite time of year!

Carrie said...

I love your fall decorations and can totally relate to the "little hands" problem, or is that help?! Ha!

Julie said...

Everything looks so pretty around your home ...Love all your fall...
xoxo
Julie

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Malinda, you are definitely ready for Fall! Thanks for joining the party. I'm loving this cooler weather too. So tired of sweating!

Joy said...

Malinda, awesome decorations. Love your front porch.

pk said...

I love all of your cute vignettes! Everything looks great. Warm and welcoming! Have a good day...
pk @ Room Remix

Hilary said...

Your decs are adorable! Thanks for sharing!

ALWAYS THE ABRAMYANS said...

I love your mums! Your porch looks so welcoming! I love it! I also love the second to last pictre, the pumpkin from Hobby Lobby. It's too cute. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely decorations with us! -April