Nov 30, 2009

More Help Than I Ever Bargained For

We are using a faux tree this year. Normally, we purchase a live tree. But, for everyone's safety, we decided to pull out a small, synthetic tree I've had in storage. We pulled all the limbs out of the box so that we could separate them by color. We had quite a bit of help "sorting" them.

Reagan would put them in the correct stack, and she'd follow along behind him and move it. We finally decided to wait until she went to bed to finish the tree.

When she got up Saturday morning the tree was decorated. I only used ornaments that I thought couldn't be broken easily. And I tried not to put too many on the lower portion of the tree.

But my child found one ornament that she has become obsessed with.

It's a snowman with a couple of jingle bells on it. Her Sunday school teacher gave it to her last year.

Her Daddy taught her how to put it back on the tree.

But, it doesn't ever stay there long.

I have a feeling that this is going to be an interesting Christmas season for the few decorations I have here.

post signature

6 comments:

Ann said...

SHE IS AMAZINGLY ADORABLE!!! Love the christmas tree shirt!!!!!!!

K Storm said...

Enjoy every bit of it!

Carrie said...

Too sweet!

Penny said...

I remember when mine were that age. I was afraid to use hooks for the ornaments, so I cut red ribbon and hand-tied every ornament to the tree! LOL At least they couldn't remove them, but then I couldn't do it easily either when it came time to take it down. haha

Courtney said...

She is so cute with her ornament. I love her shirt!

Paige said...

So much fun! I can't get over how much she's grown. Good luck keeping the ornaments on the tree!