Nov 23, 2009

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

Several months ago, when we planned our first Disney trip that we took back in October, we also planned a secret trip for our anniversary. We knew at that time that our friends Dan and Nicki would be moving to DeLand, and we thought it would be great to surprise them, while also spending some time at Disney, just Reagan and me. So, for several months, we've kept a little secret. Well, kind of. We told a few people at home and I made them PROMISE not to post anything on Facebook or mention to Nicki that we were coming to Florida.

So, we flew to Florida this past Friday and spent a couple days at Disney. Then, Sunday night, we drove an hour to DeLand for evening service at Stetson Baptist Church, where Dan is Senior Pastor. Dan came into the sanctuary a few minutes before church started and was surprised to see us. But it was nothing compared to the look on Nicki's face when she saw us. We heard her before we saw her. She was coming down the aisle behind us. She stopped to speak to everyone on her way to the front of the sanctuary. When she was at the row behind us, I turned around. In mid-sentence, she dropped her jaw and squealed. It was funny. She kept saying that no one had ever surprised her like that. And then service started so we couldn't even talk after her surprise. That was REALLY hard for us.

Here we are posting pictures of our surprise on Facebook as soon as church was over. We are such nerds!

Jonah, their son, was surprised to see us too. When we picked him up from the nursery, Nicki asked if he remembered us. He just grinned. She said, "Who are they missing?" And he said, "Sawa Madawin." Here he is playing with Reagan's iPhone while we waited on our dinner.

When we got back to their house, he wanted us to put a puzzle together. He's so cute.

He was a little upset when his mom told him he needed to go to bed. We promised him that we'd come back to see him in a few weeks and we'd even bring "Sawa Madawin" with us. Bless his sweet heart.

After Jonah went to bed, we all decided we'd play Wii. I don't think I've laughed that hard EVER, in my entire life. We all skied. I am horrible. And Dan and Nicki told me I had to "pose" when I jumped. Of course, I ALWAYS do whatever they tell me to do. So, here's my ski jump pose.

And Dan's pose.

And Reagan's.

And of course, someone is suspiciously missing from the posing. The instigator whose name is NICKI. Funny how she always ends up being the "director" and "photographer."

We had a great time with them. We can't wait to see them again in a few weeks. It's great to spend time with old friends. Especially those that make you laugh so hard you can barely breath.

Oh, and here's video of my first ski run. It may only be funny to the four of us who were in the room at the time, but to us, it was HILARIOUS.

video

(And by the way, I don't smoke. It's just a joke because I COULD NOT stop coughing. I think it had something to do with all the laughing.) Word is, there's also a hula-hoop video from that night. But it's locked up safe and sound and if I have anything to do with it, that's where it will stay.

post signature

3 comments:

Avery's Mommy said...

Love the poses for the Wii game...looks like you guys had a great time! What a fun surprise!

Amanda Negley said...

How sweet!! I bet ya'll had a great time! I also love the new layout! Very cute!

The Glenn Gang said...

I'm laughing out loud all over again. If only we could see the hula hoop video.

What a fabulous surprise. I LOVED IT! Thanks for making time for us during your LOVE FEST!