Dec 1, 2009

My Christmas Tunes

I love music. I especially love Christmas music. I've been listening to nothing but that on my iPod lately. And since I have nothing else to really blog about - no pictures, no fun adventures - I thought I'd share my Top 10 Christmas songs according to play count on my iPod. So, here they are from 10 to 1.

10 - "Grown up Christmas List" by Amy Grant - I'm really surprised this is not number one on my play count. This CD, "Home for Christmas" is one I played repeatedly one year. The people I worked with gave me a new CD, "A Christmas to Remember" simply because THEY got tired of listening to the old one.

9 - "Christmas in Dixie" by Alabama. Y'all it is a staple in any good Southern girl's music library.

8 - "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Vince Vance and the Valiants - I love the voice of the lead singer and it's such a catchy tune.

7 - "Santa Baby" by Madonna - I know that other artists have recorded this song, but her version is my favorite. Reagan and I married right before Christmas. On our honeymoon video he has me singing this song in the airport while we waited for our flight home - while holding a coconut monkey in front of my face. But in my defense, I was on "medication".

6 - "Joy" by Selah - It is so upbeat. You don't want to be in the car with me when it starts playing. I would totally embarrass you.

5 - "It Wasn't His Child" by Trisha Yearwood - This is actually Reagan's favorite secular Christmas song. But he prefers the Sawyer Brown version. (Oh, don't get me started on the Sawyer Brown Christmas CD. We listened to that so much one year I thought I was going to have to hide it.)

4 - "Baby It's Cold Outside" by Carmen McRae and Sammy Davis, Jr. Again, a song done by many artists, but my favorite is this version. I love the contrasts of their voices.

3 - "This Baby" by Steven Curtis Chapman. "This baby made a new star shine in the sky..." I love this song. Reagan and I are HUGE SCC fans.

2 - "The Night that Christ Was Born" - Kirk Franklin and the Family - I have to admit, I listen to this song year round, not just Christmas time.

1 - "A Strange Way to Save the World" by 4Him. I honestly look forward to Christmas simply so that I can play this song. During Christmas season it is the one I play first every time I pull up my iPod. And sometimes I'll even put it on repeat and ONLY listen to it.

So, there you have it. The top 10 Christmas songs on my iPod according to my play count. I can tell you also, Sara Madalin enjoys music. I can't wait until I hear her walking around the house singing Christmas music.
post signature

1 comment:

Ashlee McCrary said...

The grown up christmas list song is one of my favs too!