Jan 8, 2010

Flashback Friday - End of the Beginning

Edited: For some reason the photos I tried to include in this post were not showing up. So, I've removed them and added links to the original posts containing those images.


Today is Sara Madalin's last day at Mrs. Gail's Daycare. She's been going here since she was 3 months old. Mrs. Gail and her family have been so good to us and Sara Madalin. They've been so much more than our daughter's babysitters. They have loved her and taught her and disciplined her like she was their own. I have always felt that she was well cared for and safe when I've left her there. Mrs. Gail has given her breathing treatments, put lotion on her diaper rashes, taught her to drink from a cup, and nurtured her with so much love over this past year and a half. She's also taught me a lot as a first time mother. I don't know what we would have ever done without her at times. If ever we adopt another child, Mrs. Gail will be one of the first people I call.


But things change. As I'm learning all too fast, babies grow up into little girls. Little girls who are EXTREMELY curious and need more activity and stimulation every day. So, our BIG little girl will start preschool/daycare at a local church next week. We are hoping that she will receive activity and stimulation there that will help her physically and socially.


I'm leaving my camera with Mrs. Gail today, so I'll probably have a few pictures to post of Sugar's last day there. But first, I thought I'd look back at her first day.


If you'll click HERE, you'll see her with her first little buddy, Ansley, as well as all the other children that were at Mrs. Gail's when she first started staying there.


She also met Noah at Mrs. Gail's. Click HERE to see them together.


He's a few months older than Sara Madalin. Bless his heart. He had no idea that the little girl in that Bumbo would grow up to take his toys and pull his hair. Oh, and bite him. He's probably not so sad she's leaving. Ha.


I'm really sad that she's leaving Mrs. Gail. But at the same time I'm excited for her. I want her to grow and learn and experience new things. This is just one step toward seeing that she achieves that. I told Reagan that if I cry when she moves from an in-home sitter to daycare, I'm really going to be a basket case when she moves from daycare to real school. And then graduating school and going to college. Oh, I can't even bare to think about it.

post signature

3 comments:

Amanda Negley said...

That is very bittersweet! I'm sure she will love her new school!

Oh, I don't know if it is my computer, but the pictures on this post aren't showing up. The "you might also like" pics are and the pics from the post under it are working...

K Storm said...

I know it is hard to change. I hope your transition time goes smoothly. She'll probably do very well...Mom will need time to adapt!

Laura said...

She will LOVE her new surroundings and playmates! If it's one thing I've learned, it's that kids adapt alot faster and easier than their parents...especially mommies!