Jan 20, 2010

I'm So Excited!

I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting the arrival of this today.


I read The Pioneer Woman blog and saw several months ago when this cookbook was released. I was very tempted to order it. But, I talked myself out of it. I kept seeing other's reference it in blog posts and thought, "I really want a copy of that."

So... I ordered it this past weekend along with another book.

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I've never cooked too terribly much during our marriage. When it was just Reagan and I, it was just easier to eat out than try and figure something out to fix for two people. (At least, that's my excuse. And I'm sticking to it.) Now that we have Sara Madalin and we live a little farther away from any restaurants, I've been cooking a little more. I've got a menu plan that I follow somewhat. I'm looking forward to gaining a few recipes to add to that plan from this cookbook. I'll try to remember to take pictures and give an update when I cook something from here.

If anyone has any good, quick, easy recipes, or recipe sources, please send them to me. I'm no Pioneer Woman, but I do like to try new things.

post signature

3 comments:

K Storm said...

Go to our blog http://crestwomenrecipes.blogspot.com These are all recipes from busy moms that don't always do a lot of cooking.

Laura said...

I'm not sure if you read on my blog, but my BFF got me the cookbook for Christmas and I LOVE it! I made PW's homemade buttermilk biscuits and they were delish and my BFF has made the meatballs and she said they were really good. I hope you enjoy your copy as much as I have mine.

The Glenn Gang said...

I have made many things out of this cookbook. Therefore, it could be said that these recipes are very user friendly!