Feb 2, 2010

Sew Much Help

See that grin?

That's the look of a little girl who is BUSY and up to no good.

I am teaching a Beginner Sewing class this semester. My students are using a beginner machine and I finally got one this past weekend. I have a different personal machine, but I wanted to familiarize myself with the model that they will be using. I don't know WHAT made me think that I could have something as interesting as a sewing machine out and not have help with what I'm working on. I can't wait until the day that I get to teach her to sew.

You can almost see the wheels turning. "Now, how can I get my hands on this thing without Mommy knowing?"

You might want to click that picture above to enlarge it. Miss Priss has her hair in a ponytail. I tried putting her hair in one last week while we were home sick. Now, every time she sees a ponytail holder, or goes digging through the drawer in her room where I keep them, she brings it to me to put in her hair.
post signature

2 comments:

Laura said...

I would SO LOVE a beginners sewing class! Years ago, before A, I took it up (after not sewing since Home Ec in high school), but my mom had to help me alot. I made a few cute summer skirts and even a pair of capris. Of course, they looked like they had been made, too!

Melanie said...

I want to take your class! :) I do some sewing, but only stuff that I can figure out on my own that doesn't require a pattern. Or zippers. Or buttons. Or anything complicated, really. Because I don't know how to do any of that stuff!