Feb 15, 2010

This Post Brought to You by the Letter "B"

Friday morning Sara Madalin woke up with a pretty high fever. We waited to see if we could get an appointment with our regular pediatrician. But because of the snow, the office was closed. Our only options were to go to MEA or the emergency room. For those of you who have not frequented the MEA, let me tell you, they believe in making you WAIT. And with a 20 month old, that's not so much fun. But she actually did pretty well. I think it might have had a little to do with the Motrin, and a lot to do with the 2 1/2 hour nap before we got there.

She loves books. I've read to her before bed since she was about 9 months old and would actually stay awake and be still long enough for me to do so. She also likes to be read to at other times during the day. She'll get a book and sit next to me on the couch to be read to. She'll even get a book and go sit alone and flip through it. Recently, Reagan has started trying to read some from her children's Bible to her. That's also a word she's learned lately, "Bible."

When we were in the MEA waiting room, she found the Gideon Bible and brought it over to us saying, "Bible. Bible."


Then she tried to put it in her diaper bag and carry it home with her.

Um... I think we need to work a little on teaching her what's IN the Bible.

She held on to it until we went back to the exam room.

Look at that big girl. I had to take a picture of her standing there. She's just not a little baby any more. Makes me sad.

Daddy is smarter than I give him credit for at times. He was smart enough to stick a small bottle of bubbles in his pocket before we left the house.


They were a hit.

She had a strep test, which was negative. They pricked her finger and her white blood count was high. So they ended up giving her a rocephin shot. Bless her heart.

We had to wait a few minutes to see if she had a reaction to it. She's so much like me. The whole time we were waiting, Miss Drama Queen kept reminding us of her bo-bo.


I told Reagan it's funny how every video we take starts up with one of us saying, "What is it?" I think we need to work on our video narration.

She's feeling much better now. Ready for another week of ruling the roost.

post signature

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love that she knows what the Bible is! And I have no doubt that with you and Reagan as parents, she will know what's IN it very soon and learn to treasure it!

And for the Brown boys, I was thinking the same thing as I looked at your pictures. Seth loves his brown hat like Reagan is wearing in these pictures. Not too many people can pull that hat off like they can!