Feb 18, 2010

The Wondrous Cross

A few weeks ago, my friend Summer and I were emailing back and forth and she mentioned registering for a class at Easely Amused. I've been wanting to go there but haven't really tried to find someone to go with me. When she mentioned going, I told her I wanted to go too. So we signed up for a class. Easely Amused is a painting studio where a large group gets together and an instructor talks you through painting a picture like a beautiful flower, or bird, or in our case, a cross. It's basically a great way for a group of women to get together and laugh and cut up. Cause that's more what we did than paint.

Here we all are before our painting started.

Before we painted, we picked out our colors. I was a little nervous about that. I'm not so good with picking out colors that will work well together. And to tell the truth, I didn't actually end up using all the colors I picked. Here I am with my paint tray.

Here's Summer after we had painted our background and started on our little color blocks within our cross. She's such an advanced painter that she uses two paint brushes at once - the little guy and round guy.

Here's my cross in the early stages. I was already re-thinking the red background. But oh well.

By this point I was thinking, "Well, I've at least laughed enough to make up for the fact that I'll never hang this in my house."

Here we are with our finished crosses.

I really had fun. I can't wait to do it again. And maybe next time I'll be a little better.
post signature

8 comments:

Courtney said...

I think your cross looks great. What a fun time. What did Sarah Madaline think about your painting?

Avery's Mommy said...

Very impressive. That would look great in my kitchen ;)

Jami Ainsworth said...

I think it looks great. It would look nice in several rooms of my freshly painted rooms (yellow kitchen, cobalt blue living room/dining room...I mean office).

Regina and David said...

those turned out cute! I wanna go! ha

Melinda said...

I am signed up to go in March. I can't wait. I'm glad you and Summer were able to go together. She is such a sweet person.

Laura said...

A-mazing! I think you and your friend did a wonderful job! I would SO love to do this! There is something similar to this going around Monroe put it's parties in your own home and someone walks you through a painting.

Amanda said...

I think you did a great job! There's no such thing as wrong in art...you can always make it work :) Plus, art is subjective, so if you like it, that's all that matters!

Lynn said...

I am going on March 9th with some friends to the Hallelujah class. Can't wait. I think your cross is beautiful. I would love to do the Mississippi Queen Class too. I "Might" just become an artist. LOL.